• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Are Fatalli's slow starters?

I didn't have any problems germinating them. They both germinated in 11 days. Good news: A few hours after soaking the one that was on it's way to death, it is not standing upright and looking better! It is still however, tiny and much, much less developed than my other plants.

After rereading this thread I think your problem might be soil or nutrient/pH etc..

I managed to poison my plants by over fertilizing them. They lost their leaves and grew really slowly. I finally uprooted a dorset naga that was only a stick with two small very weak looking leaves, and rinsed the roots off and repotted it in a bigger pot. The leaves fell off from the shock but then it regrew and now it has huge green leaves and is looking good.

You should look at what you are feeding them, the soil mix they are in, and the progress of any other plants you have in the same conditions. I'm just saying that if they germinated ok and then grew slow it might not be the seeds.

Until Yesterday, I wasn't feeding them anything, other than water and the potting soil that are living it. All other pepper plants in the same conditions are doing well. Yesterday, I watered all of my plants with 30% of the recommended strength of some 8 14 9 fertilizer.

Back