• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Are My Jolokia Ready to Go Outside?

I hear I have to start taking them outside little by little before they get a permanent stay outside. But are they ready to go outside? They just started to grow thos two new leaves.

update.JPG

DEFINATELY too small! I usually wait until my plants have their 5th sets. That or they are at LEAST 8-10" high. By the time they are ready to be out FULL time, they're usually around a foot high.

As long as the weather is nice, but be careful of the sun. It takes time to adjust to the hot sun. My growing season in Vermont is too dam short, always seem to be a few scrawny plants when it's time to bring them out. In June, it's all or nothing, but you have plenty time to wait a little while longer. I would love to have your growing season. I have some tall trees in the corner of my yard, which provides some shade during the first 2/3 of the day. Seems to work great to help the peppers adapt to the sun. The funny thing is at first I thought of those trees as a nuisance, blocking the sun. Now I have incorporated the shade as part of the transitional process before planting them in the ground.

Good luck

dude, you are in miami?

the sun :dance: will grow peppers way better than most growlights
can ever do it

start to get them used to being in the sun all day as soon as you have no chance of frost
take them into the sun for a few hours at a time for a few days
increase the time out until you can see they can handle full sun all day
bring in at night if cold is possible(like below 56°F)
have fun and be brave

edited for grammar and emphasis 1.31.11

Back