• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Are the Jolokia's all the same?

Hi, these are the peppers I get from the Bangladeshi shop.
I put a quarter next to them to give you an idea of size.

IMG00110.jpg

Going by the size I would say Bih Jolokia. Thing is they don't look any where near ripe and may have grown another couple of inches if allowed to ripen on the plant. People are always in a hurry.

Best of luck to you in IDing these killers.

I don't know if its a matter of being in a hurry, I think in their native country these peppers are used most often in the green stage

I also don't think it really matter exactly what type it is as long as you enjoy them.

I don't know if its a matter of being in a hurry, I think in their native country these peppers are used most often in the green stage

I also don't think it really matter exactly what type it is as long as you enjoy them.

The same happens over here with Habanero/Congo-types. Most supermarkets tailor to a large immigrant population from the West Indies/Jamaica, and they'll say they prefer their hot peppers green rather than red. It's also mentioned in one of CARDI's reports on marketing peppers to NY and Miami markets.

ya know, i bought a tray of scotch bonnet peppers with a mix of red, orange(light red) and green and I tried a green and I liked it... no I not trying to sound like Katy Perry.

Back