• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests are these beneficial bugs?

[font=comic sans ms']sorry for the quality, it was taken with my cell phone[/font]
http://youtu.be/U6OzBVd2-dE

I had something similar, but I wouldn't be able to tell you since I just got rid of the soil(it wasn't much). I searched "soil mite" try that and see if it matches yours. Hope this can lead you or get you close to identifying.

,Vegas

to me they look like ants but could also be termites.. is there bark or wood products in your soil? so my first guess is ants.. its really had to tell without a better picture..

I was waiting to see a scary picture and a hear a loud scream!

Those look like termites to me as well.

I dont see any root issues or any of them on the plants. They seem to stick to the top layer of soil and rummage around

Completely harmless collembola (springtails). Definitely NOT termites! They feed on fungus spores and other micro-organic particles/substances.

Springtails. Send 'em to me and I'll use them to feed my tailless whip scorpion babies. Termites don't like being exposed to air/sun. You'll rarely, if ever, see them wandering around up top.

Back