• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

are these broadmites??? if so... how to go about it

would love to ask you to see if you know what bug this is...beneficial... ?? bad guy??

IMG_6262.jpg

and let me know whats wrong with my plants... no spiderwebs... not sure if its some sort of mites... its affecting new growth with curls and also the buds... any help is great help

IMG_6263.jpg

IMG_6264.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

IMG_6266.jpg

1. Weevil?
2. sunburn or mildew/fungus
3. maybe aphid damage
4. aphid damage or mites/thrips
5. dunno, all of the above?
Welcome to my world, well not really, you don't have fungus, root root, fruit flies, root knot nematodes, slugs, snails, caterpillars etc. I see everyones nice plants everywhere and I think "how?!"
It's no biggie, I just plant more than I need, and care less and still get more than enough pods :D

1. Weevil?
2. sunburn or mildew/fungus
3. maybe aphid damage
4. aphid damage or mites/thrips
5. dunno, all of the above?
Welcome to my world, well not really, you don't have fungus, root root, fruit flies, root knot nematodes, slugs, snails, caterpillars etc. I see everyones nice plants everywhere and I think "how?!"
It's no biggie, I just plant more than I need, and care less and still get more than enough pods :D

thanks for the heads up.. hmmm.. for me.. snails.. aphids... spidermites(not on peppers yet) leaf miners.. leaf hoppers...and GRUBSSSSSS both in ground and in containers...

I forgot leaf miners, thankfully they go for my leafy green vege and herbs.
But yeah, I thought gardening would be a way to de stress, and something not too expensive. I damn well need that and that's why I'm doing it. It hasn't worked out that way though :(
The only way to combat it, and not stress and not spend heaps on control products, is to just plant more in the first place I guess and let nature do what it's going to do IMHO.
Though crushing slugs, snails, caterpillars and aphids is somewhat therapeutic. Too bad about the fruit flies, root knot nematodes, fungus, diseases and mites.

Have you been experiencing temps well over 90 degrees? My plants looked like that in mid summer and I blame the heat!!!!

Not sure about the bug.....................but with all the top twisting going on it could be broad mite damage, any white flies?

You'll probably end up with some mutant looking pods...................Save the seeds..................Just Kidding!............ ;)

I hear ya KING D, last summer was beautiful. I think we hit maybe triple digits half a dozen x and I'm up in the high desert. I know people down the hill were saying they didn't even get a summer.
Fast forward to now and it's been triple digit + for like 6-7 weeks now and humid. And if you know anything about how dry it is up here, the slightest rise in humidity has you crying. So far this summer I've only got one bhut. My cayenne has pods so at least I have those to motivate me. But I am a first year grower and can tell you I've learned a lot.

Denniz,

Classic broad mite damage.....for sure. Take a cutting of the affected area, leaf or bud preferably, if you have access to a jewelers loupe, or microscope set to 50x to 100x, you will be able to see them. As for the bug, looks like a member of the weevil family, hard to tell for certain from the picture, but that's what it appears as. Probably just crusin your plant man, no need to worry, wouldn't you be too if you were that size? ;)

Good Vibes

Alex

first insect is a weevil, not sure if it is a pepper weevil though. Pepper weevils would be bad.

I have a 10.5x jewelers loupe and I can just BARELY see broad mites with it, and only when they mover around. Those damn suckers are so small.

I have the same thing as pics 2 and 3 going on with a couple plants. Also in so cal and yeah like said above, first real summer in years. Dam Hot and has been for weeks now.

Back