• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Are these peppers the same or different varieties?

Hello all,

I've traded for and purchased many different seed varieties from different sources, some of which I suspect are the same variety with just slightly different names. If anyone can validate if some of the below examples are the same or may be different varieties it would be appreciated.

1) Peter Pepper Red & Devils Penus

2) Chocolate Habanero & Brown Habanero

3) Cream Fatalii & White Fatalii

4) Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Chocolate & Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Brown (and maybe even Jamaican Hot Chocolate?)

They could be the same, or they could be different. I know that will not help, but consider:

-Someone wants to sell a seed as unique when it is not, so they rename the same variety.

-A slight variation is observed and someone doesn't want to call the plant the same name as the purer version.

-Peppers are cultivated in many cultures with many different languages.

-As with any other thing that is sold, scammers make sh*t up that isn't true.

Thus, you will only know by growing some of each. Sounds like it could be a fun season though. I have done that exact experiment. The results for my grow was that all that I thought were the same actually were the same.

TexasHotPeppers said:
Hello all,

I've traded for and purchased many different seed varieties from different sources, some of which I suspect are the same variety with just slightly different names. If anyone can validate if some of the below examples are the same or may be different varieties it would be appreciated.

1) Peter Pepper Red & Devils Penus

2) Chocolate Habanero & Brown Habanero

3) Cream Fatalii & White Fatalii

4) Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Chocolate & Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Brown (and maybe even Jamaican Hot Chocolate?)

no i dont think so at least not all
the exceptions are  #2(but not entirly sure) and #4 there i think the same however the answer to your comment on #4  jamaican hotr choco hab is not the same as the scotch bonnet choco

Well, the google search for the first one left my history in need of clearing... Last time I ever leave safesearch off. From the images of what came up for peter pepper vs the "other thing", no,no they aren't the same thing.

Pepper wise, probably are. Unfortunately, I got images of red peters and a different one. There is def. one called Devil's Wang that isn't the peter. but someone is calling Peter Reds the Devil's Penus also.

Brown habanero is not anything I've heard of. I think it's the same thing.

Fatali, don't think so

I think they're the same thing. Not the hot chocolate though.

Back