• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Are they ready to go out? Warning pepper pron!

"Mushroom hunting", I didn't know that expression in English. And that's awesome ! I imagine you with an elephant rifle wearing camouflage, just having shot down a mushroom, one foot on it, smiling at the camera ! (like for a lion !)

You made my day ! (I guess only a non english speaker can have fun with that expression)

Please post pics once they are planted ! :)

I can see where the term could be interesting to those who don't speak English natively. We generally use a small caliber rifle (an Elephant Gun would just destroy the mushroom). Luckily, they don't move very fast ;)

Here are some pics of the mushrooms, PHB, I imagine you recognize these, the last time I was in France I saw these in the shops, dried, and for some ridiculous price, like 12Euro per 10 grams.

Untitled by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

Here are the plants that went in yesterday. There is still SO much work to do, I don't feel like I even put a dent in it.

May62013 by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

Luckily, they don't move very fast ;)
:P

Yep these Mushrooms are what we call "Morilles" (Morchella), I got some in my garden. But 10€ for 10g is extremely expensive. In Paris I buy mine fresh at the market around 150€/kg (10g for 1.5€). But I never really understood what are the ideal condition for these mushrooms to grow ... (some years we have a lot of them, and some others none ...).

That's a very promising pic you posted ! You even covered the ground with plastic canevas ! That's a lot of work !

Have a nice day !

:P

Yep these Mushrooms are what we call "Morilles" (Morchella), I got some in my garden.

Have a nice day !

Yep its "Morchel" in german as well.... When kids, I went with my grandparents into the woods Everytime it had rained... Must have brought home 100s of Kilos when young...

Fond memories

Al

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
wake upppppppppppppppppp...?? been busy i see

Maybe I should update? I don't really get much time or have much interest in posting tons of pictures of my plants when they are in the ground. I just never felt like pictures of commercial production were very interesting for most folks, plus it can come off as a little "braggy". I will get some pictures up of some of the "interesting" stuff I am growing soon.

Plants are doing great though, even despite the huge amount of rain we have gotten this Spring. All of the bhuts are podding up right now.

Total plant count = "a lot"

Types:
Main Crop
Bhut Jolokia Red
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
Brain Strain Red
Brain Strain Yellow
7 Pot Primo
7 Pot Douglah

Test Crop
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow
7 Pot Jonah
7 Pot Chaguana #2 (Yellow)
7 Pot Brown (now convinced this is the same as Douglah)
7 Pot Savannah Long
7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pot Burgundy
Fatalii Red
Fatalii Yellow

Just For Fun Crop
Prik kee noo suan
Donne Sali
Aji Dulce #2
Numex Suave
Jalamundo
Cayenne Long Slim

Market Garden
Bell Pepper Red
Bell Pepper Yellow

7 Pot Savannah Long, from the best I can tell these grew true to what I have seen elsewhere. The taste was super sweet up front, took a good 20 seconds to get to the heat. Heat was so high up on the palette that it felt like my nose was on fire. I am still burning pretty good 15 minutes later. Every one of these 7 Pots I am growing this year is making me a bigger and bigger fan as I taste them.

7 Pot Savannah by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

Back