• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Aruba hot pepper

My friends and I plan to travel to Aruba. Do you guys on THP know any places on Aruba selling many different variety of peppers?? Thank

LT

I'm not sure, but it sure sounds like a fun trip. Wish I was going. :D Have a great time and bring back some interesting peppers too.

Chris

I have been to Cancun but I could barely seen they sell any peppers on the market or street at all. I see they sell peppers in Walmart but they just like other habs in US only. That is the reason I did not buy the pepper at all. I definitely go around market and look for some very hot peppers.

rainforest2 said:
I have been to Cancun but I could barely seen they sell any peppers on the market or street at all. I see they sell peppers in Walmart but they just like other habs in US only. That is the reason I did not buy the pepper at all. I definitely go around market and look for some very hot peppers.

I believe thats your best bet to find the interesting ones. Dealing with the locals is also a very enjoyable and awesome way to find what you're looking for.

Sickmont said:
Perhaps just check out any of the local markets and such and see what they've got.

Think thats the best advice,Had an aruba chile a long time ago,And have some seeds ar.. A hybrid Cuban Elle pepper,Starts green the finishes in a lovely dark Chocolate color nice sweet taste with nice spicy aftertaste :)

You must get out of Cancun if you want chiles. Gringos are not a good market for chile and the locals know it.

The Yucatan grows lots of very nice chiles inland. Take a bus inland next time you go.

Thats good advice Willard tourist areas are a waist of time..If your in the Carribean always go to local markets to as the locals proudly bring in there best produce ;)

Once in a while you may be able to get good stuff in tourist areas, but it really is a hit and miss game. Try to look where the locals are shopping and you'll probably be lucky. Don't expect to find out too much about what you are getting, though. "A chili" will probably be the answer you'll get more than once when asking what some peppers are!

Chiliac said:
Once in a while you may be able to get good stuff in tourist areas, but it really is a hit and miss game. Try to look where the locals are shopping and you'll probably be lucky. Don't expect to find out too much about what you are getting, though. "A chili" will probably be the answer you'll get more than once when asking what some peppers are!

You: What kind of pepper is this?
Them: It's a sexing pepper.
You: A sexing pepper?!?
Them: Yeah, a f'ing chile!

Chiliac said:

In Portugal I went round all the local markets I could find but they couldn't give any detail to the chilli they were selling, just 'Piri Piri' and that they were hot. I got loads of them , all different sizes.

rainbowberry said:
In Portugal I went round all the local markets I could find but they couldn't give any detail to the chilli they were selling, just 'Piri Piri' and that they were hot. I got loads of them , all different sizes.

Yes there still seems to be a great debate over what is Piri Piri/Peri Peri and if was from portugal/east africa/south america :mouthonfire:

Back