• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Ass gardening....

So here is the thing.  Left foot still in soft cast from partial amputation.  Right leg having out patient surgery next Friday followed by two months of hard cast.  That means I am going to be planting out with a cast on both legs.  Plan is to get as much of the rows tilled n set up before that surgery n hard cast.  That way kids can bring me the trays and I can scoot around three acres on my ass.

I am going to call my new technique Ass Gardening with A.J.

Sounds like you have a positive attitude about the whole thing and a lot of drive, as well. Glad to see it, as that will help in the coming months. Have the kids build a skateboard kind of thing - basically a slab o' wood with wheels. But have them build two, so you guys can do races!

Best wishes for your upcoming surgery and also your grow!

ajdrew said:

Ass Gardening with A.J.

step 0: because we count from 0
step 1: get a tramp stamp: ENTEROCOCCI HERE
step 2: profit?!?!!
geeme said:

Have the kids build a skateboard kind of thing - basically a slab o' wood with wheels. But have them build two, so you guys can do races!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zumi9oUW6v0

Great attitude AJ. Nothing you can do about it but figure out a way to persevere. My father-in-law had a hunting accident when he was 13. He can't use his right arm for the most part. I have never heard him bitch about it. He golfs, fishes, and gardens the way he can, and enjoys the hell out of it.

I like this one better Grant. Lol.
http://youtu.be/fRYmKQeIiNs

ajdrew said:
So here is the thing.  Left foot still in soft cast from partial amputation.  Right leg having out patient surgery next Friday followed by two months of hard cast.  That means I am going to be planting out with a cast on both legs.  Plan is to get as much of the rows tilled n set up before that surgery n hard cast.  That way kids can bring me the trays and I can scoot around three acres on my ass.

That's Hardcore!

I have an uncle with full left foot amputation, and his attitude is very similar to yours. You both impress me, I would like to say. Best of luck you you, my friend!

Ozzy2001 said:
Great attitude AJ. Nothing you can do about it but figure out a way to persevere. My father-in-law had a hunting accident when he was 13. He can't use his right arm for the most part. I have never heard him bitch about it. He golfs, fishes, and gardens the way he can, and enjoys the hell out of it.

I like this one better Grant. Lol.

Props for the Kids reference!

ajdrew said:

Heal up brother!

grantmichaels said:

Growing broccoli and cauliform ...
Are broccoli and cauliflower particularly good ass garden vegetables?  Love then battered n fried as a substitute for wings.

On tramp stamp, as soon as it is healed closed I am having a tattoo that reads: 'Gone to Market'.

Sirex - Yep gonna document it.  Kind of need the well wishes and comments.  I go from oh shit how am I gonna do this to I got this shit.  Thing is, it flip flops hourly.  So figured I would post and shoot for the encouragements.  People on my facebook page are being really supportive.  Helps much.  Figured I would try here too.  Same thing.  Thank you one and all.

It's something to do with the peppers that keeps us growing on! I have had 2 lower back surgeries and both knees go out bad now and then. My knees started acting up 3 years ago from me squating like how they do in India, and tending my pepper plants then got up and my right knee had a sharp shooting paingot. I had to buy a Cain for 5 months. I guess it's my older age that caused my meniscus to tear. A week later with no bending the other one started too. My Knees are okay today, but you better bet I still tend my peppers.

Are broccoli and cauliflower particularly good ass garden vegetables?  Love then battered n fried as a substitute for wings.

On tramp stamp, as soon as it is healed closed I am having a tattoo that reads: 'Gone to Market'.

Sirex - Yep gonna document it.  Kind of need the well wishes and comments.  I go from oh shit how am I gonna do this to I got this shit.  Thing is, it flip flops hourly.  So figured I would post and shoot for the encouragements.  People on my facebook page are being really supportive.  Helps much.  Figured I would try here too.  Same thing.  Thank you one and all.

cauliform ... was the joke.

Back