• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Atom Splitter - Brown Moruga Sauce from PexPeppers

A new PexPeppers sauce, made from Brown Moruga Scorpions. The extremely hot ones!!!

I have to say, PexPeppers sauces just suit my tastes for some reason, so I was excited to get this one, called Atom Splitter.

https://www.pexpeppers.com

The Brown Moruga from Judy at Pepperlover was one of the hottest peppers I ate last year.

The aroma of this sauce was very fruity, with a nice bit of acidity and tons of Brown Moruga aromas. It`s obvious that the ingredient making up most of the sauce is the Brown Moruga. It had a very appealing aroma indeed.

The flavor was similar to the aroma, but x100. Huge fruit and cider vinegar notes, followed by  Brown Moruga and a ton of heat. The initial flavors really woke up my palate, but were beautifully balanced. The initial heat was HOT. Very hot, in fact, but as the flavors came and went, the finish had a beautifully rich sweetness. The heat also calmed down quickly, leaving a superb, and still quite hot, warmth in the mouth. 

This is a very rich, flavorful sauce with an extremely long finish with sweet notes, a little raisin and very slight tobacco. However, what it does best of all is truly showcase the Brown Moruga, in all it`s scary hot glory! Quite delicious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_NZtNAHanY&list=UUvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

Sounds like another beautiful sauce from Pex Peppers. Really can't wait to try this and Singularity, so glad you reviewed these sauces or I might have never heard of or tried these. My favorite sauces are the ones where the peppers shine but the other ingredients also can be tasted and enjoyed. Thanks for sharing Nigel, I always look forward to checking THP and/or youtube to see what you have to share with us next. Going to be checking Pex's website everyday now for this and Singularity

Another great review man ... You are making me even more excited about trying all the bottles I have in my cupboard ... it is becoming more and more difficult to save them for the festival at the end of the month ... 

OK!! NIGEL!!! I just had some of this before I saw your review and let me tell you. You sir have a ridiculously high tolerance!! I had a splash of this one some food and it floored me!!! tears, sweating, the whole nine yards!!!  :fireball:

If I might add something from my own perspective, the sauce has a bit of a smokey flavor to it. If it be the natural flavor of the Brown moruga or not I'm not sure. The heat does kick in and it's a strong kick.

Good job Nigel and Pexpeppers! Great sauce!

Nigel said:

A new PexPeppers sauce, made from Brown Moruga Scorpions. The extremely hot ones!!!

I have to say, PexPeppers sauces just suit my tastes for some reason, so I was excited to get this one, called Atom Splitter.

https://www.pexpeppers.com

The Brown Moruga from Judy at Pepperlover was one of the hottest peppers I ate last year.

The aroma of this sauce was very fruity, with a nice bit of acidity and tons of Brown Moruga aromas. It`s obvious that the ingredient making up most of the sauce is the Brown Moruga. It had a very appealing aroma indeed.

The flavor was similar to the aroma, but x100. Huge fruit and cider vinegar notes, followed by  Brown Moruga and a ton of heat. The initial flavors really woke up my palate, but were beautifully balanced. The initial heat was HOT. Very hot, in fact, but as the flavors came and went, the finish had a beautifully rich sweetness. The heat also calmed down quickly, leaving a superb, and still quite hot, warmth in the mouth. 

This is a very rich, flavorful sauce with an extremely long finish with sweet notes, a little raisin and very slight tobacco. However, what it does best of all is truly showcase the Brown Moruga, in all it`s scary hot glory! Quite delicious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_NZtNAHanY&list=UUvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

We just got to try this this weekend ... it was awesome ... great heat ... great taste ... really liked it 

Back