• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Attempting to grow from seed

Well I've planted some Orange Habarnero's last week with seed sourced from my own plants.

Also planted some Dorset Naga seeds that I got off eBay so hopefully they will grow as well. I put them into a Yates Mini Greenhouse like the one in the link.

http://www.yates.com.au/products/books-tools-and-propagation/propagation/yates-mini-greenhouse/

So far no sign of anything happening, maybe I'm to impatient :) just in case I picked up some more Naga seeds this afternoon on eBay. With the latest lot of seeds I'll try and soaking them and using the paper towel method.

All the seeds are from suppliers in Australia so there's no dramas with the AQIS.

My missus found some more chilli seeds that I got from the Brisbane 'Ekka' last year from the Chilli Factory stand. I purchased some sauces and got chilli coated peanuts and a bag of mixed seeds thrown in.

hey mate: send hippyseed a PM - he's the seed man to grab from in Oz (& beyond) Hes also got great tips on starting them off.

For me its always been seed trays with seed raising mix (from bunnings) - just sit it outside in full sun - keep them damp but let dry out every day. Should have results in around 4 weeks.

Yeah, I seem to get best results from seeds stright into seed raising mix and bung em in the sun. Never tried the mini green house thing, keep us posted

I gotta agree with the rest here..simple is good. Just keep 'em moist but not wet, and at least 70F and ya shoudl be fine. Bottom heat seems to work better than top, but I've had both work.

You're just recreating Springtime..rains and warming soil and all that rot. ;)

I got one of those Jiffy domed tray thingys that's worked well too, I just set it on top of my floros and it's a nice 80-85F up there. Saves space. :)

They can take time. Hell, I now have some newbie Bih and Red Jalapeno seedlings that I started back in July that just came up outa nowhere.

I need to get a house...lol

cheerz,

-QS

Hi Mate I'm in Perth and I use the same mini-greenhouse with a propagation heat mat underneath and a light for extra heat... Have had great success but some varieties seem not to like the setup. I think I'm keeping them a bit too wet at times too...

Just to say repeat, The hippy seed company sells Dorset Naga seeds with a 99.94% (yes that is correct) sprouting rate.

I am PUI give me a break! :)

Neil is the man!!

I second that...his seed makes for killer plants.
Check this beasty out..all grown indoors too.

S6301735.jpg

The Chocolate Hab is even bigger, and the Fatalis are just fab too.

Ya can't go wrong with Neil..and he's a top dood as well. :)

-QS

QuadShotz said:
I second that...his seed makes for killer plants.
Check this beasty out..all grown indoors too.

S6301735.jpg

The Chocolate Hab is even bigger, and the Fatalis are just fab too.

Ya can't go wrong with Neil..and he's a top dood as well. :)

-QS

Very nice plant quad:onfire::onfire:

Hey fellow Whirlpuddlian :cheers:

I used the same greenhouse with a heat panel below it (cheers Dave!) when it was cold about a month ago, worked great!

Something that was suggested to me when I planted my first lot was to put the seeds in the fridge for 48hrs prior to planting, I'm not if it made a difference but the results were good

Thanks guys!

Now if they would just get to flowering... ;)

I do have two nice red jalapenos I picked as my first 'crop'..but it's somethng at least. :-)

Back