• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Aussie Growers - When do you stop??

Since we are starting the uphill crunch towards cooler weather, I was wondering when your own cut off is for planting seeds?

It will be mid April by the time they get their first fruits if you plant now, so my guess is you have all stopped? Or perhaps you keep them indoors over winter? :?:

You can sow seeds any time really if you have somewhere safe to keep them. I however only sow once a season, it would pi$$ me off that any planted later would not bear fruit.

I only really sow once a year as nova stated but mine and nova's area (we only live a few minutes from each other) we can still get good fruit till the end of may and still get smaller fruit till end of June.......Well at least that what happens for me!!

Thanks, fellas -

I think my temps are very similar to yours if I remember correctly from my time there.

I'm guessing that I should stop planting now and concentrate on the existing plants...

I got pods through the whole of last year, mind you some were tiny little things a little bigger than peas. :) like Pippy and Nova I got decent pods up to around May last year. My habs still have heaps of pods on them and one of my dorset nagas is still setting flower.

For me though I will start my next seed raising in June with the aid of a heat mat. Any of my existing smaller plants will be going into a greenhouse around Easter time. Hopefully this will kick them off for the coming season.

I had habs die off last year at the start of winter but my jolokia plant produced pods all the way through the year. But as LordViykor said mine were also the size of peas. Good for a nice heat hit while your watering the plants at least.

Back