• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Aussies...

...are you blokes planting already?? (little bird whispered that snippet to me!)

If so, what are you planting? Chinense?

I was considering starting again in July, but if it's not too early, I'd love to start now...

Yes I have started already, But I am in a tropical climate which really doesn't get below 10-15 degrees celcius. Have a few super hots showing there heads and 5 Bird's eye and a couple of orange habs popped up too. Now I'm just waiting on the remaining 40 or so to sprout up.
Can't wait.

Not really

I still have new pods forming so I figure its a bit too early :)

I'll start in a month or two I guess but I always seem to be a bit late starting the season compared to guys up in QLD.

Next season I'll hopefully grow up hippys naga bon, BT scorp's, Dorsets, Fatalii's, choc bhuts, devils tongue and I'm not sure what else :)

Yeah, sure is!

I lived up in Cairns for a while, taking boats out to the reef and then spending my spare time up at Cape Trib.

Nothing better, mate...

It is getting pretty cold at night where i am, won't be long and the season will be no more.

It will be a couple of months before i plant anything i think.

Thanks, fellas -

I'm just concerned that any seeds will germinate too quickly, resulting in too weak a plant going outside, or my having to wait a really long time before it's warm enough to take the plants out at the correct time. This, of course, will create a real problem with indoor space, which is limited..

Never gets below 10-15c? Geez. I'd be growing all year if I had that. It's just getting like that here during the days. I've been putting my plants out into the sun when it's 5-8c. It's going to be a high of 18c today and the night time temps are supposed to hover around 8. Just about time for me to leave them in the greenhouse permanently.

Back