Australian chilli Author needs help

Hi
My 1999 book on Chillies looks like being re-published by an Australian publisher next year.
I have a couple of problems.
The first is the publisher wants lots of pictures for the book. When I grew about 200 varieties in another life I used slides (remember those? used a thing called 'film')which since I moved/retired from my farm I have lost.
So can anyone help me out with photos of varieties or is anyone growing them in the Eastern states where I can come and take photos myself? ( I need 12 Mp for publication)I live on the Central Coast of NSW, but am happy to travel.

Secondly I am having a lot of trouble working out the botany, descriptions, quirks and varieties of the "super hots" that did not "exist" in 1999. Any help I could get here would be appreciated

I would also love to promote Australian Chilli businesses/growers/nurseries/sauces as when i tried to talk to USA companies like Tabasco and check some 'facts" they treated me like an evil Russian secret agent. What are they trying to hide? So they can go to hell.

Happy to give credit, books etc to anyone who may be able to help. I have a January 2012 deadline.

Cool! I would be happy to share any photos I've taken and can give you my photobucket account and you can go through and see if you can use any of them. You can also check out my grow log http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/19575-patricks-2011-grow-log/ for pics and to see what I'm growing. If you want pics of any of them just say the word as most of them are just now beginning to ripen. I can give you green and ripe pics of them.

Send me a PM if you like and we'll go from there.

Best of luck to you.

Not much of a selection but i too am happy to share. Can i post pics here?

Nice never ending thread you got here!

edit: sorry no 12mp pics. brrrrrrrrt.

Hi
Im happy to help with all of the above. Im a west australian grower, sauce maker (brand name Heatseekers Chilli), seed/plant seller etc. I have a background in food and horticulture and have heaps of photos, mainly superhots and ones of what i had grown at a farm last season. There are quite a few good ones on my Facebook http://www.facebook.com/WildfireChilli#!/WildfireChilli?sk=photos and website below, so if there are any you like or others you can think of let me know and I'll send through the high res shots or try to put them on CD for you.

Any other questions or if you need to clarify information just email me sales@wildfirechilli.com.au and i'll try my best to help.
Do you have a link to your book so we can check it out?

Regards
Candice Burns

Thanks everyone for your kindness and generosity.i have PM-ed everyone althogh Novocastrian your PM box is full
it is not going to best a best seller like the bible (we hope for 3,000 copies)It is mostly directed at nutters like you guys.Yank publishers won't touch stuff directed at such a small Australian market so i pray for this publishers health; one of the few left not gobbled up by Fox/Murdock.

I would love for those people who say "I hate chillies" to read it, so have made it as light hearted and non technical as possible.Though I don't like my chances as there is so much mis information and stupid prejudice about the plant in the general community (Even in the 'professional' State government Department of Agriculture guides I have read)

Some of the new research on the medicinal properties of Chillis will astound you.(teaser)
(A big interest of mine is medicinal herbs)

I am already 40,000+ words over my editor's budget(of 50,000) so I guess I should post the excess here or start a blog with what he rejects?

My email address is michael.v.bailes%gmail.com
%=@ if anyone wants to contact me direct.
If you are supplier/business just send me all your details (phone web products etc) although I had thought I had contacted most. I have found no one doing anything in NZ which is a surprise.

Thanks again
m

Thanks everyone for your kindness and generosity.i have PM-ed everyone althogh Novocastrian your PM box is full
it is not going to best a best seller like the bible (we hope for 3,000 copies)It is mostly directed at nutters like you guys.Yank publishers won't touch stuff directed at such a small Australian market so i pray for this publishers health; one of the few left not gobbled up by Fox/Murdock.

I would love for those people who say "I hate chillies" to read it, so have made it as light hearted and non technical as possible.Though I don't like my chances as there is so much mis information and stupid prejudice about the plant in the general community (Even in the 'professional' State government Department of Agriculture guides I have read)

Some of the new research on the medicinal properties of Chillis will astound you.(teaser)
(A big interest of mine is medicinal herbs)

I am already 40,000+ words over my editor's budget(of 50,000) so I guess I should post the excess here or start a blog with what he rejects?

My email address is michael.v.bailes%gmail.com
%=@ if anyone wants to contact me direct.
If you are supplier/business just send me all your details (phone web products etc) although I had thought I had contacted most. I have found no one doing anything in NZ which is a surprise.

Thanks again
m

Yes please post the excess here or start up a web page! :)

Editing now. I hate editing.
It just shows you how much you don't know and how stupid you can be!!
I have forgotten who I have not replied to If you are one please contact me on "Michael Bailes" <michael.v.bailes@gmail.com>,

Back