• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Average Brain Strain Germination Time???

Just wondering, of you that have grown the 7 Pod Brain Strain, what seems to be your average Germination time??

I am using heat mats and the soil stays around 80F. I have about 4 to 8 of all my other 7 pod and scorps and
others germinated so far but 0 Brain Strains.. Only been 11 days though. Cant wait much longer!! :dance:

I'm not an expert by any means, however I would say give them more time. My Trinidad scorps took 3 weeks to germinate. I was about to give up them, but all of the sudden they all started sprouting. My Douglahs all germinated in 10 days. Go figure.

Yeah I'm sure they will germinate in time... was just wondering how long you know, since the other 7 pods and scorps were starting to pop up with in 5 to 6 days.

Oh well... a little patients never hurts! :pray:

Edit: I hope I get at least a few germinated as I only had 10 Brain Strain seeds and need to repay some favors this year to the generous members on here! :hell:

I got mine from 2 sources. The earliest for one was 9 days and for the other 12 days. They were later than my other stuff as well except Primo and Barrackpore, and smaller sprouts too. I'd give em some more time but if you got more seeds try again. My heat mat is regulated to 83 F degress in January, now it's at 85 F.

Good Luck Mike

Anyone's Brain Strains have tiny cotyledons? Mine had cots about 1/4 the size of all the rest of my chinense (about 20 varieties including several 7 pods). I'm thinking they might not be BS. :(

Anyone's Brain Strains have tiny cotyledons? Mine had cots about 1/4 the size of all the rest of my chinense (about 20 varieties including several 7 pods). I'm thinking they might not be BS. :(

Mine appeared to be the same as the rest of the chinese, but this is my first time from seed. I got my seeds from Cappy, Pepper Ridge Farm. As I understand he's the Brain Strain guy.

Six weeks, really? Were they at proper germination temps. 2.5 weeks is the longest I ever waited for any chile seeds to germinate even with wilds. You can usually tell if seeds will germinate or not just by the color and appearance.

Six weeks, really? Were they at proper germination temps. 2.5 weeks is the longest I ever waited for any chile seeds to germinate even with wilds. You can usually tell if seeds will germinate or not just by the color and appearance.

i leave my seeds alone, only to water them when the mix is dry. no heating mat or whatever, just regular ambient philippine temps.

the longest i ever had to wait was 9 weeks, also another chinense. =D

Just wondering, of you that have grown the 7 Pod Brain Strain, what seems to be your average Germination time??

I am using heat mats and the soil stays around 80F. I have about 4 to 8 of all my other 7 pod and scorps and
others germinated so far but 0 Brain Strains.. Only been 11 days though. Cant wait much longer!! :dance:

only 1 1/2 weeks if you put in on a heating pad

I, evidently don't have as much patience as a lot of folks...if the trays do not start showing signs of live in no longer than 10-11 days, I replant...average on my BS is about 8 days

im in the opposite boat as you. My brain strains took a matter of days...my other 7-pots aren't doing with a darn. Out of 30 seeds, I have had 2 germinate in 3 weeks.

So, its been just about three weeks... no Brain Strain. I carefully dug each one up and they look good, not rotted or anything but still no little root poking out or anything yet. Maybe they just need more time.

Hey MuskyMoJo,

Some of all my varieties have had smaller cotyledons it seems this year. Others have even had three!.

10 days or so. They weren't great germinators for me - maybe 50% came up, but I didn't sow a lot of them. Trinidad Scorpion Yellow Morouga was worse even. Many stuck seed hulls on the bottom of the stem stopping the tap root from growing.
Chris

Back