commercial-kichen Avery Island

Crazy Monkey

Business Member
Visited hot sauce Mecca over spring break. Getting some ideas for a production facility...:lol:
Avery Island-Louisiana

0331220936_HDR.jpg

OK, now I need a new keyboard from the drooling....

This is on my 'world tour' in the RV hit list!

How was the smell? or was the production room isolated from the guest area?

OK, now I need a new keyboard from the drooling....

This is on my 'world tour' in the RV hit list!

How was the smell? or was the production room isolated from the guest area?
The production room is closed off, but one whole wall is plexiglass and you can watch. At one point the tour takes you to a display overlooking the enormous tanks where the mash is blended with vinegar. There has to be several dozen of them in a huge room. There is a button you can press which briefly turns on a fan that sucks some of the air out of the mixing room and blows it in your face. Not for those with tender constitutions.
The barrel warehouse is incredible. There were thousands of barrels in various stages of aging and it smelled heavenly :)
I could smell it as soon as I opened my car door in the parking lot ( which was about 50 or so yards away ).
Nice gift shop if you are looking for any Tabasco goodies. Picked up a hat and a tie just because. They gift shop also had vanilla/ jalapeno and raspberry chipotle ice cream to try.
There is very gorgeous botanical garden you can drive through separate from the factory tour.
Definitely worth it if you find yourself in the area.
My third time there 😁

Back