• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense B. jolokia Picture

These are the second and third peppers I've picked off of the same plant. There are oodles of green ones of every size on both of the plants that I've brought inside. I'm going to try and keep them going through the winter here.

IMG_4320rre.jpg

Usually when I harvest something I've grown I have an urge to take a bite or pop one into my mouth, such as strawberries or blueberries but for some strange reason I do not have the urge to eat one of these. ;)

Made a slight mistake I think. The ends of these are a tad soft, I think I have a calcium deficiency, so I trimmed them off prior to hanging them up to dry. Didn't use gloves as it was only two and the surgery wasn't too complicated. As I hung them up I decided to stick a finger into the opening on the bottom and get a bit of juice.

Then the debate began; Do I or don't I lick my finger? I did and I think I killed my tongue. Or at a minimum I'm cooking it. I cannot imagine for a second I would ever make the decision to actually eat one. My hats off, and a bow, and a salute and any other way to show respect to anyone who has ever put one of these into their mouth and chewed.

Good lookin' Bhut Jolokia you got there patrick, yea they are as hot as a pepper can get. Thank goodness they are thin wall peppers or you couldn't use them. Your peppers look fine to me, cutting off the end will only help the pepper dry anyway. Congrats.

They look great. I can understand that you decided not to snack them away like the berries they are. They might bite back!

I'm the same as you Patrick. I have always tasted what i have grown, but this year i am growing Bhut, Bih & Naga Morich. I don't want to break tradition but i am scared sh*tless at the same time.....:scared:

EDIT: Great photo

moyboy said:
I'm the same as you Patrick. I have always tasted what i have grown, but this year i am growing Bhut, Bih & Naga Morich. I don't want to break tradition but i am scared sh*tless at the same time.....:scared:

EDIT: Great photo

You are correct sir, I couldn't have said it any better.

Back