• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Baby Bhuts

My baby Bhuts
peppers001.jpg

They're growing indoors in my breakfast room.
peppers002.jpg

excellent im jealous! ive been through about 25 bhut seeds over 9 weeks trying to get one to germ. im starting to think the seeds i got from the chili pepper institute are bunk.

I bought my plants late in the season. They were like 6" when they arrived. I really need to put them in larger pots.

excellent im jealous! ive been through about 25 bhut seeds over 9 weeks trying to get one to germ. im starting to think the seeds i got from the chili pepper institute are bunk.

Patience; I had Bhut seeds take 58 and 60 days to germinate. They're notorious for taking a long time. Cheers.

thats a bummer... if a seed takes that long does that mean they were not stored or harvested correctly?
ive let them go for 4 weeks on one set then 3 weeks on another set of seeds.... and this newest set of seeds has been on the heating mat at 87 for a little over 3 weeks as well, none have even begun to swell.

I got three out of four bhut jolokia seeds to spout within two weeks on my first ever go!! :onfire:

Then, as though they were cursed :scared: two of those seedlings suffered freaky improbable deaths at the hands of small children. The one that is left has some odd burnt looking edges of the leaves and is not growing fast at all while all the other varieties planted around it thrive.

I went and planted some more bhut seeds and so far nothing after about two weeks. My other chinenses are taking their sweet time too. I have heard they are slow and I'm prepared to wait for a whole month if I have to.

thats a bummer... if a seed takes that long does that mean they were not stored or harvested correctly?
ive let them go for 4 weeks on one set then 3 weeks on another set of seeds.... and this newest set of seeds has been on the heating mat at 87 for a little over 3 weeks as well, none have even begun to swell.

You could add a liitle bit of epsom salt on the water to help them germinate, I try that once and it help's.

Back