• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Baby bird rescue photo

I could not find a nest anywhere near where I found her.  I have never had good luck trying to save these little critters.  But it is a day and a half.  She is eating, drinking, and almost standing.  She is very active, demanding food every hour or so.

Attachments

• a_baby_bird.jpg
    a_baby_bird.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 99
If it's made it a day and a half, it may make it. I reared a baby sparrow once. Fed it Bolo dog food. When it got to the point it was flying all around my apartment, I decided it was time to set it free. Took it outside; turned it loose. Looked out a few minutes later to see the neighbor's cat eating it.

Baby bird did not make it.  She passed this AM.  She was warm, but it was horribly humid from bad rain.  Not sure if that is what did it or not, but nothing else changed.  Not warmth or food.  Daughter is devastated.  I got her out of it by suggesting we dedicate part of the barn to rescue, get the official license / permits, and do fund raisers at the farm.  But only if she manages the thing cause I am completely out of time in the day just to keep up with the commercial part of the farm.  I have no clue if she will go threw with it, but i think it would be a very healthy way for her to enter adulthood.  Not sure if anyone would consider the credentials legit if she ran the thing herself, but I think anything at all looks good on a resume when you first enter the work force.

In another strange twist, someone at fair gave us a couple of rats along with a large cage.  I had rats years ago but had them in tanks.  Big mistake.  In a cage, these girls crawl up and down the walls, hand upside down, and I think they intentionally climb up to the top so they can jump down.  Not really rescue unless domestic rescue is a thing.  I guess that is a thing considering dogs and cats that arent wanted.  Hmmmmm

Back