• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Back pain

was wondering if anyone has experienced any upper back pain from eating the hotter peppers, especially the super hots. because i have and im wondering if its just me.

Never ever heard of that. I would see a doctor if it doesnt go away, well I wouldnt but YOU should.

I have a theory that eating superhots can help to speed along an existing condition. The superhot itself does not cause these problems. I believe the extreme rush of endorphins and adrenaline could make an existing condition (e.g., stomach ulcers, gallbladder issues, GI problems, etc.) show symptoms at an accelerated rate. The upper back problem you are experiencing COULD be nothing but it COULD also be the first signs of another problem. For example, when I had gallstones, I experienced pain / discomfort in my upper back.

Like Nova said, I would suggest going to see the doctor.

Sounds like a bit of Acid reflux - but Im not a Dr and I only play one with my wife... and even then I would still be an intern :cool:

Personally, I use chiles to decrease alot of pain! However, this past week, just in time for the TD, I came down with a case of esophagitis - inflamed esophagus. Strangest thing I ever felt. I'm wondering if you have an inflamed something (esophagus, stomach lining, etc), if maybe it's putting pressure on a nerve in your upper back. Try treating it like acid reflux, and see if symptoms alleviate! Good Luck and feel better soon. I'm cured now and even the deep fried chiles are agreeing with me! Yikes!

Thanks for the input guys, might go see a doctor who knows. i thought it had something to do with my Scoliosis, but thats in the lower back. the pain starts moments after i swallow the peppper, so im not so sure its acid reflux. who knows maybe Chile Juju is right about something being inflamed. might actually have to go see that doctor >.<

Just hope you don't have one of those docs that says 'well, quit doing that!' - they suck. Best wishes and keep us posted, k?

was wondering if anyone has experienced any upper back pain from eating the hotter peppers, especially the super hots. because i have and im wondering if its just me.

cut a super hot down the middle n half, rub it on the part of your back that hurts. think of it as budget capscium creme.

Dude. Seriously. I can't believe this happened to me.
Last night, all within an hour, I ate 2 fresh Jalapenos, 2 fresh Hawaiian sweets, and finally a HUGE fresh Peach Habanero. By the time I finished chewing and swallowing the HAB, It felt like someone hit me in the back of my head with a 2 X 6, right at the base of my skull.
A HAB! That Habanero had a baby fetus Hab inside of it, so I wonder if it was a "2-fer". I've eaten plenty of hot peppers, And I have NEVER felt that. The headache is just now subsiding (20 hrs. later). I'll tell you a cure for burning mouth though, while I was letting my eyes drain into the kitchen sink, CJ mixed up some sugar into a glass of half-and-half. It worked instantly.
I'm here to tell you, there is something to that Back/neck pain, and I don't have Scoliosis.

I don't know what was up with that Habanero, and it's unborn daughter of Satan. But that really pissed me off. IT WAS A HABANERO FOR GODS SAKE!!!!

I can't wait to do it again, just not with a Peach Habanero!

Back