• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

back to the basics

alright, I have no decent light from the 2 sides of my apartment that have windows, my patio only receives direct sunlight from sunrise to 1130am, and the other side has no direct sunlight, but enough light reflecting off another apt. building to illuminate the room and hallway during the day; I think I'm gonna have to use artificial until I move into a house with a yard coming May

wife's already pissed about me randomly spending money on a new found growing hobby, so......SUPER CHEAP KEEPS THE WIFE HAPPY

I realize I will not get great results for year 1 now, but next year I'll have a yard, and hopefully some more money for lights.....but for now...

Gimme your best ideas, I wanna spend less than $40 TOTAL for all my lighting needs, only gonna have 12 plants this year, and like I said they can go outside in about 2 months. i currently have 3 1cm seedlings, and 3 5-inchers

is this a laughable attempt? should I just get some greenhouse cloth and mirrors and enclose my patio?

I normally live as a night owl, for some reason I just thought that 5 hours of direct sunlight sucked..did I mention that after 11:30am, they would be completely in the shade, and my patio would look dark by 4pm?

You are moving in may right, you are only looking at a month to a month and a half out there. I say put them on the patio till you move then plant em.

One shop light would cover a dozen plants. You can stick the smallest seedlings on books or boxes to keep them close to the bulbs.

Mike

If the morning sun isn't enough for them you can get a two foot florescent grow light at Walmart for under $10. I've got six of them and so far so good. I know for $60 I couldn't get any other type of light that would work and cover the number of plants I have growing.

Good luck!

Back