• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Back Yard Tour 06-09-08

Thanks all...it has become a labor of love...and my wife is starting to get into it too...she goes walkabout with me in the evenings just before dark.... :lol:

whocares said:
Very nice peppers and patio AJ :) It must be blazingly hot from now on over there... How do you irrigate your pots?
Best wishes
Margarida

Sorry I missed your question Margarida...I promise I was not ignoring you...I hand water everything with a hose...takes between 1 and 2 hours depending on how deep I water...next year I will have an automated drip system in place...but to tell you the truth...I kinda enjoy looking at each individual plant for a few seconds....gives me a chance to look for critters, ripe peppers, health of plant, etc....

OJ>>>>clean that dang yard up and post some pics of your plants....did they get windblown really bad over the past week? did you smell my ripe naga up there?... :lol:

AJ ...OJ>>>>clean that dang yard up and post some pics of your plants....did they get windblown really bad over the past week? did you smell my ripe naga up there?...

Hey I did smell something different in the air. lol Hey most of my plants survived the storms and some are really enjoying the swinging of the breeze. lol Hey I am heading to the garden and take some pics right now. That way you can look at the difference they were and now :hell:

Wow AJ I knew you were growing a lot, but DAMN!!! Pepper Heaven. How old are those Habs in the pics you just posted? Oh and one more thing, nice obligatory shot of the beer by the grill! :cheers:

JayT...all the plants in the single pics were planted 29 Jan...if you are talking about the hab plant loaded with peppers, that plant was cut back Dec 5th to a nub and overwintered...

More Pics Coming...

this is 16 of my back up superhots...seeds started Feb 27-28 2008

1.jpg

this is another 35 of my backup superhots...seeds started Feb 27-28 2008

2.jpg

this is 44 more backups, most annuums....seeds started Feb 27-28 2008

3.jpg

Red Savina...I expect the pods to start turning any day now...seeds started 15 December 2007

4.jpg

more coming...

Hungarian Wax...couple of peppers have sunscald spots..

11.jpg

Orange Thai (have 6 of these)

13.jpg

Scotch Bonnet

16.jpg

Lemon Drop (Thanks Chiliac)

39.jpg

4 more pics coming...

Peter Pepper...none of the peppers on this plant look like its namesake..

6.jpg

for those that like Cayenne peppers...I am growing about 7 or 8 different varieties of cayennes and I will only grow the Super Cayenne II Hybrid and Mesilla Cayenne next year...these two are growing great here in north Texas...

Super Cayenne II Hybrid

7.jpg

Mesilla Cayenne

8.jpg

Satans Kiss...seeds from Ebay....yeah I know...gotta be some type of cherry pepper...

9.jpg

AlabamaJack said:
I hand water everything with a hose...takes between 1 and 2 hours depending on how deep I water...next year I will have an automated drip system in place...but to tell you the truth...I kinda enjoy looking at each individual plant for a few seconds....gives me a chance to look for critters, ripe peppers, health of plant, etc....

You're right AJ, but nevertheless with your summer, you must have to water them 2 or 3 times a day, no? It must be very tiresome with so much beautiful peppers that you have over there ! They stay in full sun all day long? They are very pretty, though, I wish mine were like half like that :)

rainbowberry said:
Look here for Satan's kiss. Fantastic looking plants as always AJ.

Thanks RB, thats it...I bet the wife will like these....

whocares said:
You're right AJ, but nevertheless with your summer, you must have to water them 2 or 3 times a day, no? It must be very tiresome with so much beautiful peppers that you have over there ! They stay in full sun all day long? They are very pretty, though, I wish mine were like half like that :)

I have been watering twice a day...early morning, late evening, but decided yesterday to cut back to just late evening...later on this summer I may have to water more but we are already in our summer time pattern here...high 90s F every day and mid to high 70s F at night...

some are in full sun all day long, some get morning sun, some get afternoon sun, and some are just getting indirrect light...just depends on what side of my yard they are on...

I never get tired of looking at the plants...they help me learn patience.....

I am sure your plants will be pretty too Margarida..

Back