Baconnaise- Man's greatest achivement

Well, we finally got it into the store and I've opened a bottle for sampling..............OMG!!!!!! Baconnaise is the most amazing thing....ever. Screw the wheel, forget sliced bread, THe Holographic Universe theory.,...bah! Bacon flavored mayo is the most important discovery/invention ever to be crafted by humans...EVER!

Hmmm, i haz bacon and a blender....and just bought eggs too..

Hmmm, mebbe a hab thrown in for good measure, eh?

imaguitargod said:
forget sliced bread

2009-01-26-CCXsliced_bread.png

Ok, I did it.

Used a standard mayo recipe, but first took 2 slices of bacon crumbled and one minced orange hab, and gooifyed in my mini-cusinart. Bacon first until it was a fine as I could get it, then added the hab bits and did the same.

Then, added about 1/2 tsp. of lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. of salt, 1/8 tsp of cream of tartar, 1 drop of liquid smoke (this bacon is a tad bland) and a egg. Gave that a few bursts, then a minute or so of blending. Then slowly added in aprox. 1 cup of EVOO and continued on low for about another 8 minutes until it was the consistancy I wanted. :-)

Voila, awesomeness!

All done in the Cusinart
S6302434.JPG

Made about 3.5 oz.
S6302439.JPG

It's actually very creamy..most of those lumps are air bubbles.
S6302441.JPG

It's freaking good stuff! Has a nice burn too from the hab.
Thx IGG, I always wanted to make something like this, but never did until now.

A few hrs in the fridge to cool and meld flavors and it'll be ready to rock my sammich!
knife-fork-smiley.gif

Nice work Quad. IGG, baconaise sounds amazing. I just found something else along these lines that is amazing. Peppered Bacon Salt. I used it in a rub for my steak tonight. Yummmm!

rainbowberry said:
Is bacon actually listed in the ingredients Iggy?
Nope, it falls under Natural Flavors.
Sickmont said:
The shit's that good, huh?
Is St. Patrick a muderer? Of corse it's that good!
QuadShotz said:
Ok, I did it.

Used a standard mayo recipe, but first took 2 slices of bacon crumbled and one minced orange hab, and gooifyed in my mini-cusinart. Bacon first until it was a fine as I could get it, then added the hab bits and did the same.

Then, added about 1/2 tsp. of lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. of salt, 1/8 tsp of cream of tartar, 1 drop of liquid smoke (this bacon is a tad bland) and a egg. Gave that a few bursts, then a minute or so of blending. Then slowly added in aprox. 1 cup of EVOO and continued on low for about another 8 minutes until it was the consistancy I wanted. :-)
You fool! You doom us all!!!!!

Bwahahahaaa! :twisted:

Next time I'll use bacon oil as part of the oils...that'll make it sing 'n dance!

BTW, Just imagine making potato/macaroni salad w/ THAT...
drool000.gif

Hot Canuck said:
:shocked:

:banghead:

That's gotta be some damn fine mayo...

Gotta' be better than that vindictive she-wolf Canuck chick I dated. We dated twice and the next 'thang you know she wants to have my baby. I politely told her it wasn't going to happen. Then proverbial fit hit the shan!

Cheers, TB.

Chicken salad club sandwich, turkey club, baked potato, BLT (hehe extra bacon), ranch dressing... the possibilities are endless.

JayT said:
It's only a matter of time until Baconaise makes it's popper debut...

Only as a dip though. The mayo will "break" from the oven heat and bleed out. Wait! Lemme' think up a solution...

Cheers, TB.

TB c'mon. I'm not an amateur. I was thinking as a topping after it comes out. Especially for the puff pastry variety.

Back