• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bacterial spot , burning or...... ?

On some of my seedlings the new growth is green then after a while it discolors. I have them about 1.5 inches away from 23W cfls. The last pic the leaves are curled. Just wondering if thats normal too?

014.jpg

015-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

i wouldnt worry about the purple very much..

your plants will grow out of that as they get older..

the only thing i would worry about is when they start going yellow, thats usually a sign of some deficiency..

purple is usually a natural occurance when the plants are taking in too much light and or the seeds are a cross/hybrid..

i think they look fine..

i would tranplant them first... they are a little big for the jiffy pellets i think as well..

are there any roots showing at the bottom of them ?

that usually is a good indication when they are ready for transplant..

they also look like they are getting too much heat... what's the temp at ?

Too dry meaning the dirt or leaves? There are quite a bit of roots coming out of the netting. The temp was around 85F at the leaves. I'll get them transplanted and back off the lights. Hopefully that will help.

Both...

As soon as they hatch get them out of the 100% humidity and in to normal humidly for your area, once the first set of true leafs appear transplant into a larger container ( most use 18oz red plastic cups ) CFL's do not give off much heat but they do suck the humidly out of the air very quick, most references ( Van Patten ) say 12" to 18" off the plants at 16 to 18 hrs of light a day...

The less you deal with the roots the better...

I agree with Hotpeppa, get them transplanted with lots of water ( no food ) at 6.5 ph for a few days...

POTAWIE said:
They do look like they've had a lot of humidity. I agree with what was said by splitcane and HP

Well what do you know, after almost a 1000 posts, i can finally give some advice on growing pepper plants..lol

this is a good day indeed..

thanks to all that have helped me grow my first great season ( knock on wood, season just started ) that includes many members here at the THP !

:lol:

Back