• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bad pot?

I have potted up my plants to 6" pots waiting to put in their final pots when weather permits. I mixed the same soil for all the plants the same way. I had one plant give up on me a couple weeks ago, so I discarded it and replaced with another ready to move up in the world. Now that plant is looking miserable. It looks like it's wilting, but I know it has been watered on the same schedule as the others. I bought the pot from a local nursery, but I'm curious if this is more than a coincidence. I don't want to lose another plant. Any ideas?

Does your new pot have drainage holes in the pot's bottom?

And are all of your pots made with the same material and the same size?...

Clay pots dry out faster than plastic pots and smaller pots will need water more often than larger pots will, given they both have the same sized plants in them.

dvg

Maybe there is a virus in the pot and or soil that was in the pot? I never reuse pots or soils for that reason.

It is a plastic pot with drainage holes. I just bought it the day I transplanted the first plant to it. I never thought of cleaning them first, didn't think it would make a difference. I think I will do that from now on. I don't like to put time and effort into my plants just to watch them die on me. But on a positive note I have a plant producing already, and they're not even outside yet.

Back