• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

bags for making compost tea - just sharing info

I know anything can be used, and up till now I was using panty hose. But after tying it a few times, I decided to see what other ideas I could come up with. This caught my eye and I just wanted to share.

At 13 cents per bag:
http://www.amazon.com/SumDirect-Drawstring-Organza-Jewelry-Christmas/dp/B00OEZELQ6/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1428526135&sr=8-16&keywords=4+x+6+pouch

And more natural, might even be able to wash and reuse (environmentally sound, but too much work for me) coming in at 36 cents per bag:
http://www.amazon.com/CleverDelights-Burlap-Bags-Natural-Drawstring/dp/B00G9EQ9L0/ref=sr_1_35?ie=UTF8&qid=1428525694&sr=8-35&keywords=burlap+bag

B1009060808.jpg

I use nylon filter bags similar to these.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I might try the gift ones to isolate some flowers this year....they do look like they can accomplish that and not too pricey :)

I received those gift bags a few days after I posted the OP and started using them. For tea bags, they work GREAT. Not the biggest, but for my 5 gal, it works fine.

BUT, when I add guano, some of the dust can come out of the side. I just say this in case the mesh is not tight enough to block pollen, I want you to know ahead of time.

I am not saying it won't work (haven't tried), it holds everything back except for powdered guano.

mrgrowguy said:

I received those gift bags a few days after I posted the OP and started using them. For tea bags, they work GREAT. Not the biggest, but for my 5 gal, it works fine.

BUT, when I add guano, some of the dust can come out of the side. I just say this in case the mesh is not tight enough to block pollen, I want you to know ahead of time.

I am not saying it won't work (haven't tried), it holds everything back except for powdered guano.
Thanks, I ordered them and will see how they work out. I compared them to other things used to isolate and they seem pretty much in line...

Back