chinense Bahamian Goat & Yellow Moa Scotch Bonnet

I am growing both the Bahamian goat and Moa scotch bonnets this year nigel videos on youtube sold me on them.
I am waiting on them to pop and others I carefully planed out all concerned and anxious lol
I plan if things work out on crossing the Bahamian goat with the moa scotch bonnet and have the Bahamian goat as the mom.
Any info or opinions about the would be much appreciated.

Sounds like an interesting project. Both peppers are supremely tasty! Personally I find the goats hotter than the MoA's, and even though I love the flavour of the goats I much prefer the MoA's flavour wise. For my own preference regarding the cross, I'd love to see MoA flavour with Bahamian goat heat.
That being said,I can see where Mr Joyner is coming from that it may ruin 2 good things.

I understand it's a spin of the wheel last year I had a accidental cross red mushroom x hybrid sweet banana.
The red version had all the best qualities of the two while the yellow had the worse.
The red was sweet &fruity with decent heat about cayenne .
The yellow just tasted bland then heat.
I certainly would not want to ruin two great peppers but I think going to try it .
I plan on ow the Bahamian Goat and Moa's along with some others like the peach bhut SS

I think it's a good idea. I was thinking about doing the same thing, lol. You should do it imo. How can it ruin anything!?

Jamison said:
I thought about it myself but they are soooo damn similar flavor wise I honestly don't think it would be worth the trouble.
I disagree. I like the flavor a lot more in the Bahamian goat pepper and another person likes the MoA more (I don't think MoA is that great). Both have different colors and interesting shapes as well.

I am really impressed with the Bahamian Goats hardiness compared with the moa yellows if they cross I hope they bring that to the f1
As far as the peppers form such a cross it would be hard to tell & the taste would be close in theory but if it made a hardier bonnet with good flavor then it would be worth it( at lest to me)
All my plants are going to be open pollinated & I will have flowers around them I have sowed the seed already in there beds.
I have some intentional crosses in mind that I might try later on in the season

Play around man. Get something grand and I'm definitely a buyer/trader for seeds. Or even a cutting to clone ^_^ At the very least this cross would be a beautiful pod!

I haven't had either of these yet. Currently growing the Bahamian Goat and looking to buy MOA Bonnet seeds.

^Well I got 3 Bahamian Goats growing myself. If you can't get yours to germinate for some reason I can part with one. Heading to Modesto next Saturday :)

What will you call it?  Bahoa? hahaha.  Just kidding.

This thread reminded me I hadn't started any MOA.  Now I have MOA.  If you haven't seen it, don't miss the epic thread on Bahamian Goat peppers started by Windchicken here on hot talk.  His peppers looked really really good. Several members contributed to the thread like Jamison, Trippa, Chris at JHP, PIC 1, meatfreak and Grant at JungleRain.

Just put MOA seeds in.  Here is my Bahamian Goat:

zKHE2bn.jpg

Back