• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Baker's Peppers 2012 GLOG

Welcome everyone and thanks for dropping by to check out how things are going here at Baker's Peppers! This GLOG is more geared for everyone to just follow us and our production this year..nothing serious, just for fun :) Remember this all started in my other thread on here...heres the link.... http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/26029-indoor-grow-area-build-grow-pics/page__fromsearch__1 ...now i will continue the progress here as im guessing you have seen enough seed germination and grow...lol...Now we move to the meat of the operation! :) Heres a few pics of what i currently have on the ground in the nursery....this isnt all of it, just some pics i snapped today of some areas im working on lately :)

Brain Strain Red

IMAG0220.jpg

Mix of stuff..ones up close are t scorp yellow, 7 pot yellow, bhut indian carbon, choc t scorp and a few other types...far away on bench is T scorp Red Iso

IMAG0221.jpg

Up close is bhut jolokia yellow, in the middle area is t scorp red iso and far in the back is more bhut jolokia yellow

IMAG0222.jpg

T Scorp Red Iso

IMAG0223.jpg

T Scorp Red Iso

IMAG0224.jpg

T Scorp Red Iso

IMAG0225.jpg

Mix of stuff....choc bhut jolokia, t scorp yellow, 7 pot yellow, bhut jolokia indian carbon, white bhut jolokia :)

IMAG0226.jpg

Brain Strain Yellow in the back.......T Scorp Red Iso up front :)

IMAG0227.jpg

T Scorp Red

IMAG0228.jpg

There is also about 2000+ still in the grow box inside....T Scorp Butch T, Red Bhut Jolokia, Brain Strain Red, 7 Pot Yellow, and T Scorp Red Iso..will get those pics posted tomorrow or the next day :)

To Be Continued......

UPDATE.....

Was out potting up some T Scorp Yellows and T Scorp Choc and realized i should snap a few pictures of these nice healthy plants! Heres some shots...

Nice healthy root systems on EVERYTHING!! :)
IMAG0240.jpg

Going into a 3 gallon pot...
IMAG0239.jpg

Finished planting, with new ID system in place...these tags are seriously a WAY better method! They dont get washed up and out of the pots when a heavy rain or watering hits them...these STAY!! :)
IMAG0235.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

And YES you did see flowers on them!! Havent even got them into a 3 gallon pot yet and they are already flowering!! Gotta LOVE Florida!! :)
IMAG0238.jpg

To Be Continued....

Wow those look awesome, I remember you mentioning what time of wood chips/mulch you put into your soil and I see a lot of them in there.. I know you don't want to revile your secrete medium but what was that mix again, I have been meaning to add some mulch to the tops of the potted plants just to keep the tops a little more moist while the bottoms are still wet, but couldn't remember which type was good.. I don't need your whole mix! lol, just the type of wood you use that you already reviled in some other thread, just can't find it.

and also, when do you get your site back up to start selling, I remember there was a message when I checked after getting your peppers, but I am hoping all your plants don't get pre-ordered before I get a chance to lol.. if you could just give me an idea of when you usually start selling them that would be awesome!

Very jealous lol

Wow those look awesome, I remember you mentioning what time of wood chips/mulch you put into your soil and I see a lot of them in there.. I know you don't want to revile your secrete medium but what was that mix again, I have been meaning to add some mulch to the tops of the potted plants just to keep the tops a little more moist while the bottoms are still wet, but couldn't remember which type was good.. I don't need your whole mix! lol, just the type of wood you use that you already reviled in some other thread, just can't find it.

and also, when do you get your site back up to start selling, I remember there was a message when I checked after getting your peppers, but I am hoping all your plants don't get pre-ordered before I get a chance to lol.. if you could just give me an idea of when you usually start selling them that would be awesome!

Very jealous lol
Pine Bark :) Its pre-blended in our soil when it arrives on a truck from our secret source :) And our site will be up probably in a couple months...just working on loading up all the info and such for itemds and writing all the site descriptions and such.....im a one man show so things take me a bit to learn and then put into place :) I will PM you to let you now about when you can order plants :)

ok cool thanks a lot, and that is great, I can get some Pine bark for something like $4 for a big 3cu foot bag or something like that.. going to grab some now actually haha

and that is great, I just want to make sure I don't get locked out of the more rare and desirable plants :D

oh and as an added P.S. bonus, I had my first 3 seedlings pop up this morning from the extra tray of plants i planted last friday.. all of them were the TS Butch T, seeds you gave me... so pretty cool, can't wait for those brain strains to pop up

ok cool thanks a lot, and that is great, I can get some Pine bark for something like $4 for a big 3cu foot bag or something like that.. going to grab some now actually haha

and that is great, I just want to make sure I don't get locked out of the more rare and desirable plants :D

oh and as an added P.S. bonus, I had my first 3 seedlings pop up this morning from the extra tray of plants i planted last friday.. all of them were the TS Butch T, seeds you gave me... so pretty cool, can't wait for those brain strains to pop up
Awesome!! Good luck with the grow boss :) I will for sure let you know when i have plants for sale.

Update....

Got some more stuff potted up into 3 gallon pots...Some more stuff hardening up in the 4" pots still....we have about a total of 7,000 plants in pots now.....heres some shots of some :)

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

Those first 2 pics were Trinidad Scorpion Red....

These next ones are Chocolate Bhut Jolokia

IMAG0024.jpg

Close up....

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

More hardening up T Scorps....about 650 here....soon to be in 3 gallon pots this week to join the rest out in the nursery....

IMAG0021.jpg

Also have another 2500 in 4" pots inside the shadehouse under 60% shade on the tables...soon to be where these 650 are hardening in 30% shade....Things are really starting to take up some space....things are for sure GROWING!! Its a BEAUTIFUL thing!!

Looking awesome dale. Trying to come by and see in person. Looks like the plants have doubled at least since I was there last.

Amazing. These Scorps are the ones you have pics of from seeds on, right? Wow. It doesn't seem like that long ago I was reading your accounts of sowing tons of seed, and now that's a ton of scorpions!

Excellent operation you got going on, Dale! That looks like an overtime job to me! Can't wait 'til you get your site up, and start selling again! I'd love a Chocolate Scorpion plant!

Thanks guys :) I am having the hardest time with my site....im trying to get it up but to be honest i have no clue what im doing!! someone help! lol :) Im a grower not an IT web design guy...lol Its ready to have all the info plugged into it, Omri did the design for me, i just have no clue how to plug in all my info and make pages and categories and menus and all that stuff!

I wish I had the time to help you. I am not great at web design, but considering I stare at code all day I tend to be able to figure it out. Maybe when I get caught up on some other things I will be able to assist.

Back