• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bangalore Whippets Tails

Hey,
I got the Bangalore Whippets Tail seeds as a bonus in a purchase a while back. They are one variety which is really thriving and really going strong at the moment. However I can't find any information on them. Can anybody supply a picture, background information ect. I think they are a capsicum annumm, I'm still a newb at the annumm genus and I'm not sure about colour shape ect. of this variety. I am also interested in how hot they are, but at the same time I really don't care for the heat.

Any information would be helpful, pictures would be really helpful. So thanks to everybody who can help, in advance :)

Sounds like a cross between a whippet's tail(annuum) and a Bangalore torpedo(frutescens)

This was the information I needed thank you muchly, you're always helpful :)

FOR THE RECORD,

If anybody else seeks information.
C.frut X C.ann. hybrid
medium heat(will comment after produce is available)
would appear to be significantly long, juicy and thick skinned
it would be safe to assume a thick skin, an alternative to the cayenne for the everyday average person
The Whippets Tail originates in India so should taste good.

I will update this page with photos and information as my plants progress. Can't comment on seed availability yet, but will change when I get the permission to advertise it.

BANGALORE TORPEDO:
http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?find=bangalore+torpedo&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any&chile=1&submit=Search

WHIPPETS TAIL:
http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?submit=Search&chile=1&find=whipp&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any

img9775uf.jpg

Here's a seedling a few weeks old, just been transferred to a bucket.

From my experience the Whippet's tail isn't exactly the most flavorful chile. Sort of a mild, bland cayenne taste. They do however grow very long pods, which may work great in a cross/hybrid. I know I've used them in some of my breeding projects

Potawie's Whippet's tail ?2006
aug6011ti0.jpg

Back