• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Banned from facebook

chiliman said:
So Pam, what you are saying is "peeing on people's carpet is bad"? Oopsie!

Note to self: Never, never ever invite chiliman by the house for beer and pepper poppers. Especially not beer.

Good point on the "if you had no prior interaction and PM'ed a solicitation" point, but it is still such a particular request (i.e. same name) that I can still see it being fair.

I think you're allowing what you know from your acquaintance with Shooty to color your judgment, too. Consider if you joined FaceBook and suddenly got email from everyone with the first name "chili", everyone with the last name "man", everyone who spells chili with an "i" instead of an "e", everyone who makes chili, everyone who makes chile, everyone who lives in NC, everyone who makes hot sauce, everyone who likes hot peppers, and everyone who pees on their neighbors' carpets asking you to join their group. Do you see the scale of the problem and why FaceBook nipped Shooty's transgressions in the bud?

He still wasn't trying to sell them stuff. Anyhow, it's easy for us to say one way or the other as we "know" shooty and he seems like a nice guy, I imagine we could beat this point soidly into the ground and still never get all in line.

Well, we don't have to. Shooty did ask, though. I'll repeat that" Shooty asked. That he was unhappy with my answer is evident and hardly surprising. The bottom line, though, is that Shooty violated FaceBook's Terms of Use, and they gave him the boot for it. If he wants to play on FaceBook, he has to play by their rules; and what you or I or Shooty think is and isn't spam is irrelevant.

Here's something we can all get in on together, hot sauce is good!

No.

Only a very few hot sauces are any good. Most are a waste of good peppers and inflict great suffering on innocent pepper lovers like me.

NO peeing...huh. I gotta go, apology notes will be sent forthwith.

Note to self: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES allow chiliman into the living room!!

Back