• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Baobabs

Just a thought but maybe cover this pot with a heavy gauge wire dome to protect it and any others that may still come up. Even a bird other wise could swoop down and cause another loss/setback. Once it is up and several true leaves grown 8 to 10 inches it will be more durable.

That's a really good idea! I shall look into doing that today. ;)

Well here is a pic of one of my African Baobab seedlings starting to make their adult compound leaves at just over 15 inches tall.
DSC06995.jpg

The leaf damage is from using a supposed gentle fungicide/insect spray on them because of fungus gnats. It did even more damage on my hot peppers and I followed the directions on the spray bottle that claimed it was perfectly safe for use on vegetables. The worst part is I believe it killed my variegated baobab seedling.

Admittedly I had to look up what this tree is. The legend of the tree is amusing and yet deep. How long does it take to fruit and what do the fruits look like and taste like?

I like most that grow it outside its climate range grow it more like a bonsai. All of the species I have are quite dissimilar in flower color and form so it will be a treat if they ever do bloom for me.

Back