• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bavarian Chilis 2015

hi everybody !

after having had lots of fun last year, i already started this year's grow to have a headstart on my shady balcony, lots of foliage make the best of little light or so i guess ;)

im getting straight to the pics, here we go, so far so good !

tray one:
l4nQqCyl.jpg

tray two:
iIgNq7Hl.jpg

i only plan on keeping four of the plants, all together it were 4 varieties planted with three seeds each so i am happy with germination rates !

i wish all of you the best for this new and coming season, bring on the heat ! ;)

ohmatic said:
aaaaw f**k im battling tons of those little fungus gnats,
having sticky traps up and vinegar traps, stinks like a f**ker but works.

i should get some nematodes though ...
D3monic should be coming along any minute to help with fungus gnats. From what I've read, bottom watering helps to keep the top of the soil dry while still providing water to roots. Top of soil dry=little to no fungus gnats. As far as getting rid of them, I have no experience and I hope to keep it that way lol.
Plants are looking good and healthy! Good job!

Great looking plants! I had problems with gnats last year, but just a couple pesky gnats this year with bottom watering and a thin layer of sand on top. I think that did the trick. Good luck with your grow and your battle with the pests.

The best way to get rid of fungus gnats, well.. you need+

Popsicle stick (wood)
Match stick
knife
permanent marker
Glue

Cut a little piece of about 1.5cm of the popsicle stick so that you get a little rectangular wooden plate. In the middle of the plate, glue a match stick on it so that it looks like a little sign. Write `Putz di!` on it. This should get rid of bavarian gnats.

An other alternative (if they don´t speak bavarian) is to put some dry sand on top of your normal potting soils as the gnat larvae live in the first 1.5-2 cm of the soil. Water from below by setting the plants in your filled sink once in a while. Make sure you place your pots on little plastic plates or something, as the dry soil will pour through the drought cracks between the pot and the potting soil if the soil dried out. This prevents the gnats from breeding and stops their life cycle.

haha love the reply pepper :)

i have just ordered some KIESELGUR which is basically diatomaceous earth which i will apply to the top of my cups,
this should "cut" the gnat larvae open and kill them... i hope this in combo with the sticky yellow traps will work, so far they caught a LOT of them already will provide pics 

Haha, it's a stolen joke.. made me laugh when I first read it. Kieselguhr doesn't really seem to work good on gnats (if you mean Taufliegen). It works like a charm against carrot flies and cabbage flies though, but that's not chili related.

Dee Technik is a Hund..

Feels strange to talk english here, are you on capsamania as well?

diatomaceous earth just arrived at my flat, drying them out to their bare minimum and will apply to gaps in container and on top and then water.
hopefully this will help to kill em off !

my fiancee never let me down over the years in taking care of my plants, but this time i am VERY happy i arrived not a day later from my business trip ...

dBMgkpgl.jpg

update from the gang:

e1w0Emll.jpg

fataliis:
MnsVMWal.jpg

scotch bonnet:
TbXni9sl.jpg

weird cross of scotch bonnet with trinidad scorpion or scorpion with fatalii ??:
MjvZQy8l.jpg

AWESOME cross of trinidad scorpion with bonnet !
this would be a trinidad bonnet or scotch scorpion, f**king A !!!
fruit to the left is how it should look - have to LOVE crossbreeding !!!
rFvRM9Ql.jpg

vxPN5DDl.jpg

im sure to take photos and seeds eventually of that crosser !
wonder what it will turn out to be like :D

Back