• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment BBQ Thai Satay by Peppermaster

LinNJoe said:
it also has some others you might not have expected like coconut, molasses, peanuts, and cane sugar. Heck, I don’t recall ever having seen lemon-grass and lime leaf infusion
These are very common to satay, especially the peanut. Most satay sauces taste like a fancy peanut butter. This one sounds good!

thehotpepper.com said:
These are very common to satay, especially the peanut.

See...I told you I was inexperienced with satay sauces!! :oops:

If this sauce is indicative of how good they are, I may have to look into others.

- Joe

Well, it does sound tastier than most I've seen. I have one in my cabinet right now, it's a Thai import, and has Thai letters.

Por Kwan Satay Peanut Sauce:

Water, coconut milk, peanut, soya bean oil, sugar, shallot, lemon grass, dried red chilli, salt, tartaric acid, citric acid, paprika, natural color, sodium metabisulphite as preservative.

Thought I'd post that for you so you can see what an average satay sauce has. Of course, Peppermaster's sounds fresher and tastier! Thanks for the review.

Sounds great. My experience with Satay is also that the cut of chicken or beef should be a thin as possible and cooked fast and hot. I have had them both marinated in the sauce and plain with dipping satay. The peppermaster has such a great list of products. Everytime one gets reviewed I move it up my want list.

Great review. My wife and I love Satay, and just about anything else Thai. We'll have to give this one a try. You have to hand it to the folks at Peppermaster....they have great ideas.

Josh

Back