• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Beaglestorm vs. 2012 Grow Log

After disappearing for the last 6 months I have finally got time now to start growing some chile. I did not have the time to start any plants from seed this year but I did get a nice selection from Cross Country Nurseries, The Chile Pepper Institute, and my local Nursery (OK OK I also bought a few from Lowes). Here they are relaxing under the eaves on their way to being hardened. This is the fist year I had no issues with it. I think the main difference is the lack of wind. It has been a nice warm spring with only 4 or 5 really windy days.

HardeningPlants.jpg

I just finished getting all my plants in the ground yesterday. Here are a few shots...

EastBed4-24-12.jpg
WestBed4-24-12.jpg

Here is the overall shot

OverallBeds4-24-12.jpg

The area of the beds on the right with no straw have too much shade to plant. If anybody has some recommendations of what might grow well with maybe 2 hours of direct morning sun please let me know. My peppers that were there last season only grew a few inches. Is there a vegetable or fruit or herb that does well with shade? Heck even a flower plant to attract bees that will work in the shade would be OK. here is a birdseye shot showing the extent of the shade...

BirdseyeBeds4-17-12.jpg

Oh and before I forget here is my grow list for 2012:

1 - 7 Pot
1 - 7 Pot Brown (Overwintered)
1 - 7 Pot Douglah
1 - 7 Pot Yellow
1 - Avenir (Overwintered)
1 - Antillais Caribbean
1 - Aribibi Gusano
1 - Bhut Jolokia (Nmsu Cpi)
3 - Bhut Jolokia (Local)
2 - Bhut Jolokia Yellow
2 - Biker Billy Hybrid
1 - Bonda Ma Jacques
1 - Cumari
1 - Fatalii
1 - Harold's St. Barts
3 - Heritage Big Jim (Nmsu Cpi)
1 - Naga Morich
1 - Petenero
1 - Pimiento De Padron
1 - Rocoto Red
1 - Serrano
1 - Scotch Bonnet Red
1 - Scotch Bonnet Yellow
1 - Thai Red
1 - Thai Yellow
1 - Trinidad Perfume
1 - Trinidad Scorpion
3 - Trinidad Scorpion (Nmsu Cpi)
1 - Trinidad Scorpion Butch T (Overwintered)

1 - Lemon Grass
1 - Thai Basil
1 - Cinnamon Basil
1 - Sweet Basil
1 - Lemon Basil
1 - Greek Basil
1 - Greek Oregano
2 - Artichoke
2 - Orange Mint

I have to agree with everyone else. Great grow and super bushy plants. Can't wait to see you back in action reviewing pods. Nobody does it better IMO :fireball:

great looking chiles. i'm about 3 weeks behind - not sure what this season will bring. good luck with your growing season. if i get any type of harvest, i'll send you some pods. take care.

Back