• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bearded's shabby garden

Hey guys, this is my late spring garden. I started germinating the following list in paper towel on june 4, I believe.

5 x black prince
5 x orange habanero
5 x facing heaven
5 x red bhut
7 x moruga scorpion

Out of the above, I've had 4 bl prince, 4 hab, 4 heaven, 3 moruga aaand 2-3 bhuts tap. Tapped seeds went into the hothouse in jiffy pellets on the heat mat. Plants soak up 12 hours direct sun and a few hours of supplementary light a day.

It's always great to see others starting a bit later in the year.  Good looking seedlings you have there!

Question, any reason why you didn't remove the netting from your Jiffy pellets?  I can say (first hand experience) that the netting will stunt root growth.  This year was my first using the peat pellets for most of my garden.  The plants that hurt the most were my pumpkins and squashes.  I only got one pumpkin from each I planted and didn't get any squash.  Last year, I had so many pumpkins and squash that I didn't know what to do with.

Was just curious why you left the netting all.

Happy growing!

Ahh no kidding eh? I don't think I've ever taken the nettings off. No reason other than I assumed it wouldn't have an affect on the plants. I also grow indoors mostly so that may be why I have never noticed. I have a couple seedlings left to put into solos. I smell an experiment! Any pointers, advice, etc on these plants is much appreciated. Until the next!

Where in Ontario are you???

There are a fair number of nurseries selling plants big enough to still get a harvest this year.

Edit:: Welcome to the forums!

Thanks! I am in London.. Good 'ol London. I'm sure there are nurseries around that have the hots but I can't help but have that feeling that I'm cheating. I've never had bhuts or morugas before so I may.. just so I know.

I'd look around. There is a company in the south here selling decent starts to nurseries. Scorps and bhuts for around $8.99 /4in pot 16in/plant. Might get lucky. I'd cheat rather than be empty-handed any day.

I miss London. Spent some time there back in the day.

Thanks for the heads up, riot. There is a nursery that sells super hots in the north end here so that's pretty exciting! Yep, london is pretty quiet. Almost too quiet.

Scorpions, habs, bhut before the great squirrel massacre of '14.

Surviving scorpions hab and bhuts in new homes / szechuan

And this guy.. stripped down to its core.

Prettt boring. Black prince have buds but have stretched a fair amount.

Does anyone read this? Haha either way, I just received some seeds for my super-early-over-winter-spring-start garden (2015). The options are:

Mustard habanero
Jamaican hot chocolate habanero
Poblano
Pequin
Choc devil's tongue
Yellow fatalii *bonus seeds*
7pot brainstrain

Red bhut
Orange hab
Red trini
Black prince

Leaning towards poblano, fatali, pequin. Any advice on the fatalii or input on seeds. I'll be wintering an orange hab, bhut and trini for spring as well. Pretty excited. Over and out.

I decided to start some new seeds for next spring:

4 poblano (3/4)
4 mustard hab (2/4)
4 jamaican hot chocolate hab (1/4)
4 pequin (0/4)
2 yellow fatalii (1/2)
2 chocolate devil's tongue (1/2)

To add, I picked my first ripe pepper a few days ago. It was a black prince. I know that they're ornamental but I ate it anyways. Nice quick mouth burn. The four plants I have are all turning. Should be all red by the end of the weekend - pretty fantastic. Now that fall is upon us, my szechuan is finally podding up. It has had one full pepper on it for what seems like months now. Anywho, that's about it. Oh yeah, gnats on my thai.

Happy weekend!

Hey y'all,

Accidently planted my new seedlings in mixed high-ishly nitrogenized soil and they're feeling it. Wise to wait it out and hope for the best or repot in less harsh soil and hope for the best?

Fellowship, I am your nagging, ever whining Frodo and once again I am crying and falling down. I seek aid. Until the next!

Back