• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Beatin the dead horse... pot size!

As others have said, you definitely have room for multiple plants in each of the larger pots. Can't speak to Fataliis, but the Datils will do fine @ 2-3 per pot. Also don't know where you are in Kansas, but you might consider not only putting multiples per pot but also grouping the pots close together to "clump" if you're in for some heat (I only have Lawrence for reference in summer, and it was hot enough to clump).

Datils will grow well in damn near any conditions, IME. I have some thriving htis year in large pots, small pots, and even in some cinder block holes. My Fataliis are also thriving in pots far smaller than yours.

Good luck and I hope you have/start a grow log. Would love to see how things go.

As others have said, you definitely have room for multiple plants in each of the larger pots. Can't speak to Fataliis, but the Datils will do fine @ 2-3 per pot. Also don't know where you are in Kansas, but you might consider not only putting multiples per pot but also grouping the pots close together to "clump" if you're in for some heat (I only have Lawrence for reference in summer, and it was hot enough to clump).

Datils will grow well in damn near any conditions, IME. I have some thriving htis year in large pots, small pots, and even in some cinder block holes. My Fataliis are also thriving in pots far smaller than yours.

Good luck and I hope you have/start a grow log. Would love to see how things go.

I'm in Lawrence :)

Sounds like a smart move.

If you overwinter the Rocoto, it can get pretty big.

I'm growing in a house now, but soon I'll be in an apartment with quite a lot of space for pots, so I expect to 'overwinter' anything that wants to live through the winter - indoors I expect most of my plants to make it.
I probably wouldn't get any pods this year on a Rocoto started this late anyway, but I like the idea of a small chili tree indoors.

Good, bad or otherwise... they're all in !

pots6.jpg

Your quite the worker there, I am also trying container growing on a smaller scale mainly because of the shorter growing season i have where i live and i thought it would be interesting to try but i got to say very impressive job you have done.

Back