beer gathering

well tonight was a great night. went to a beer advocate gathering of local BAers. we met up at this local place called brother tuckers that has awesome food and great beer. tonight they had (on tap) weihenstephaner hefeweizen, acme pale ale, unibroue ephemere, and buffalo belgian stout. other than the weihenstephaner..they replace everything once it is dry..so before i left they had replaced the acme with mendocino whitehawk IPA, and the buffalo with rogue shakespeare stout.

all in all i had a great time. everyone was really cool, the food was awesome..even though i wasn't feeling up to par and didn't finish it, and the beer was of course delicious. someone also brought a bottle of st bernardus abt 12 60th anniversary to split with everyone. since there were more than a handful of us, we didn't get much each, but enough to try the stuff. good, but i'd have to try some more and some more of the normal abt 12 to come up with a definite preference. also had some gouden carolus grand cru. quite a night!

since i'm leaving the area at the end of the month, they decided to put me in charge of setting up the next gathering before the end of the month. i can't wait!

edit...seems like most of us are pretty spread out though..would be cool to get together. i guess that is what fiery foods is all about. maybe i'll make it next year.

where are you moving to?

the last ratebeer gathering i went to, we drank about 40-50 beers. haha it does suck to get small samples tho, but whatever. the gouden is awesome, yes. i actually like the 60th anniv st bern better than the regular 12..

ps i just saw you had hugh malone - i have a bottle of that coming to me in a few weeks when my friend comes to town. it cost me 21 dollars though. and it has been getting mediocre reviews. :mouthonfire:

interlude is the best allagash seasonal beer, and it costs about 18-25 depending on where you can find it.

at the end of the month i'm moving into my parents house for a little bit, over in tampa. maybe i can get together with sickmont at the tampa bay brewing co or something. going to help her move over to missouri where my dad is. he just went up early because of a job. they bought there and are selling the one in tampa. then i'll probably take a short road trip to see some friends. finally i'll stay at my friends house near gainsville for a few days before going to pensacola, fl to begin OCS for the navy.

how many people were at that ratebeer gathering? there was a girl at the ba gathering from rb heh. she was pretty cool. the group was fairly small though. 10 people i think though i am having trouble remembering if there was one more person..some left before others. this time around i'm gonna bring something to share with them..maybe buy two bottles just so we can try a little more.

yea, the hugh malone wasn't cheap 16.99 i think..i got it at the more expensive local store since nobody else has it. decent stuff..but last time i'll be trying it at that price.

haven't seen that interlude. the same store had another new allagash i've never seen before..i can't remember the name, but it was either that or the malone. the malone had a printed out description of the beer and its background so i went with that.

xgrafcorex said:
at the end of the month i'm moving into my parents house for a little bit, over in tampa. maybe i can get together with sickmont at the tampa bay brewing co or something.

HELL YEAH! If ya want, we get meet up there or the New World Brewery(which doesn't actually brew anymore but the place has a killer selection of beers). Nothing like a good Ybor City bar crawl!

i've never heard of that place, but sounds good to me. i don't know about a whole crawl..but i will definitely go out for some drinks. i try to avoid drinking too much and then driving. hah if i took a cab..that is a different story. :lol:

Back