Beer mix beverages

In Germany beverages made of beer mixed with something else are popular right now. Beer with lemonade ("Radler"), beer with grapefruit, beer with lime, with cranberry, with dragon fruit (whatever that is) and so on. Today I tried one brewed by the Warsteiner company with lemon and chili. It's nice but without any heat. I drink it but won't buy it again.

Well, if it is called beer it has to be brewed according to the Reinheitsgebot. But as a "Biermischgetränk" only the beer part has to stick to it. Some are quite nice though.

Armadillo said:
In Germany beverages made of beer mixed with something else are popular right now. Beer with lemonade ("Radler"), beer with grapefruit, beer with lime, with cranberry, with dragon fruit (whatever that is) and so on. Today I tried one brewed by the Warsteiner company with lemon and chili. It's nice but without any heat. I drink it but won't buy it again.

Yeah, I am here in Germany too, and actually in the summmer a Radler is quite refreshing and delicious. I have never seen the Warsteiner with Chili, but I will have to keep my eyes open for it, even though you say you wouldn't buy it again. I am definitely a fan of the normal beer here, but if we are talking about the mixed ones . . . I like Beck's Orange, and Beck's Level 7 (beer with caffein), but I don't see how anyone finds the beer and cola a good combination personally.

CapsaicinHigh said:
Yeah, I am here in Germany too, and actually in the summmer a Radler is quite refreshing and delicious. I have never seen the Warsteiner with Chili, but I will have to keep my eyes open for it, even though you say you wouldn't buy it again. I am definitely a fan of the normal beer here, but if we are talking about the mixed ones . . . I like Beck's Orange, and Beck's Level 7 (beer with caffein), but I don't see how anyone finds the beer and cola a good combination personally.

You cant beat a good shandy in the sumer 50 beer/50 Lemonade always a refreshing drink :)

Drat, SM beat me to it..teeheee. ;)

I still find a dash of sriracha rather nice in my lager..sometimes with a slice of lemon for zing.

Food is fun...We should all play with our food eh? ;-)

Beer purist here.

You could only do these things with a really bland crappy lager.

1/2 lemonade 1/2 Stone ruination sounds just wrong.

CapsaicinHigh said:

Where in Germany are you? Have you ever tried a "Russen" (a Russian)? It's a 50/50 mix of Hefeweißbier (an unfiltered wheat beer with the yeast in it) with lemonade. Way better than Radler!:cool:

Beer purist here as well....

BTW...Dragonfruit is pretty good...they grow it locally...it looks like reddish artichokes but have a slightly-sweet melon taste...they go for about $2 a piece around here but tried a free piece at the farmer's market...not bad...but on a tight budget, not worth the price...

I would grow it if I had room between the chiles...

Back