Beer of the Month Club

Looks really great, although I would hope that they are better informed on beer than they are on their own dog.

Looks like you are trully loved Chuk

HMMMM beer. I am curious as to how they ship it. You would think that it would get all shook up and possibly heated or frozen in the belly of some plane. They must have something worked out.

xgrafcorex said:
that's a great gift! happy birthday as well!

Thank you! Getting older and better!

The first shipment came today. It was shipped via DHL. I actually knew the driver because we used to work together. I got 4 different beers; 3 of each for a total of 12. I got 2 from Atwater Brewing of Detroit...Salvation IPA and Vanilla Java Porter and 2 from Old Nutfield Brewing Company of New Hampshire...Old Man Ale and Black 47 Stout. All beers I've never seen or even heard of before so I'm very happy.

No, I haven't tried 'em yet. :lol:

It also came with a newsletter ( Malt of the Earth) giving me background info on these breweries and what to expect in tasting the beers. They even threw in an issue of DRAFT magazine which is very cool. Sort of like Chile Pepper Magazine for the Microbrew set. I may have to subscribe....

cheezydemon said:
HMMMM beer. I am curious as to how they ship it. You would think that it would get all shook up and possibly heated or frozen in the belly of some plane. They must have something worked out.

It was in a box packed with top and bottom Styrofoam "holders" for the bottles. It was very easy to unpack and I was relieved they didn't wrap each bottle in bubble wrap. I guess DHL knows to be careful with these. The driver said he had 3 more of these to deliver (!) and that a friend of his was a "subscriber" and always very excited to get his monthly box of beer.

This is so cool. :cool:

too bad you didnt get the lost abbey patron saints and sinners club.

saints is 155 a year + shipping on each box
sinners is 225 a year + shipping on each box

better beer, but much less. glad to see you like the club though, because i have considered doing one of those things at some point, just not sure when.

Back