• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Beerblood's grow pics

Finally getting some pics posted. Owe a ton to all for the great info on this site. Since this is the first time I have grown anything before I am pleased with the progress and look forward to next season. I am in zone 9b so hopefully next season is this season! I have been learning a lot so far. Mostly trying not to over water everything.

Caribbean Red Hab - 15gal plastic - Needs re-potting. Bad soil and stunted, but it has ripening pods so I am waiting a bit. Ate one on Sunday. Nice heat and flavor:
IMG_3819.jpg

Orange Hab - 5gal plastic - Kellog's Patio Plus - Doing well with and has a few pods. Not bad considering its a relatively young plant about 3 months
IMG_3820.jpg

Fatali - 5gal smart pot - Roots organics potting soil - I really love this soil and the smart pots. This plant was a runt a month ago and now has quite a few young pods.
IMG_3821.jpg

Caribbean Red Hab - 5gal smart pot - Roots organics potting soil - Another plug for roots organics and smart pots. This plant is doing well with around 40 pods and some now ripening. Small dark leaves though compared to the other caribb reds i have. Has been wilting in midday heat.
IMG_3822.jpg

Bhut Jolokia - 5gal smart pot - roots organics - My "tall" bhut. Has some small pods. Been wilting in midday heat.
IMG_3823.jpg

Bhut Jolokia - 5gal smart pot - roots organics - My "bushy" bhut. Has one small pod. Been wilting in midday heat.
IMG_3824.jpg

Tobasco - Global bucket/earth bucket grow - Next time I will put landscape fabric in the top bucket as the roots are growing into the reservoir. The plant is tall but I don't think it will produce pods.
IMG_3833.jpg

Hot Cherry - Another global bucket - For some reason the roots aren't growing into the reservoir like on the tobasco. Has maybe 30 pods and starting to ripen.
IMG_3834.jpg

Cayenne - 5gal smart pot - Kellog's patio plus - Doing well with some pods and getting bigger.
IMG_3835.jpg

Left to Right - Serrano, Thai, Caribbean red and down below a Jalapeno seedling gift late in the season - These were stunted and terrible in plastic pots and the same sh!tty soil as the car red in the first pic. Moved them into the ground "last ditch" in a 18" 3'x3' pit i dug and amended with vermi-blend soil ammend/compost. They took off and I was so surprised since the soil in this area seemed very hard clay. Quite a few pods. Yes, they are planted way too close together. Gardening drunk in 90 degree weather has its pros and cons. hehe
IMG_3813.jpg

Nice Pics Man, No matter what they are they sure look tasty, get one of those pulled bbq pork and cheese Hamburger and toss a couple chopped up peppers you have there, YUM.
Never enough space once you get started, could be 20 plants this year and the next thing you know its a 100 plants trying to grow to 500. I have a dairy friend that I get compost from (organic) twenty years back I got his wife hooked on fresh salsa I gave them 10 tomato plants and five jalapeno plants 20 years have past and now the grow 500 tomato plants and 300 mixed pepper plants. The whole hobbie thing can quickly turn into a monkey on your back screaming for more. :twisted:
George W.

Nice setup. I love those global buckets, been using them for the past 2 summers and have gotten HUGE plants from them. There's also a really nice earthbox knockoff plan out there that my plants love as well.
Those plants look happy.

Nice plants! I would be careful with mulch on top in containers though as it makes for a hiding place for fungus gnats.

Yes I have noticed the gnats although i haven't noticed any damage as a result. We have a ton of spiders around the garden so i think they might take good care of them

Nice Pics Man, No matter what they are they sure look tasty, get one of those pulled bbq pork and cheese Hamburger and toss a couple chopped up peppers you have there, YUM.
Never enough space once you get started, could be 20 plants this year and the next thing you know its a 100 plants trying to grow to 500. I have a dairy friend that I get compost from (organic) twenty years back I got his wife hooked on fresh salsa I gave them 10 tomato plants and five jalapeno plants 20 years have past and now the grow 500 tomato plants and 300 mixed pepper plants. The whole hobbie thing can quickly turn into a monkey on your back screaming for more. :twisted:
George W.

Yeah im definitely into it. Have to plan a budget for next year and work in some tomato plants for the little lady or the budget wont pass!

Nice setup. I love those global buckets, been using them for the past 2 summers and have gotten HUGE plants from them. There's also a really nice earthbox knockoff plan out there that my plants love as well.
Those plants look happy.

Do you put anything in the bottom of the upper bucket to prevent roots growing into the reservoir? It only happened on my tobasco so not sure what happened.

Back