Today at 2PM, I started brewing a batch of compost tea with the following recipe.
5 gallons of water
15 mL hydrolyzed fish and seaweed
1 tsp TM-7
5 mL molasses
Xtreme tea (kelp powder and compost source)
The more nutrients are included in a tea, the more important it is to have strong aeration components that keep the dissolved oxygen levels constantly high.
My air pump setup is pretty effective, and I’m not adding many nutrients, just a little molasses and a 1 gal regular strength dosage of neptune’s harvest 2-3-1
My tea should not be in high demand of oxygen since the nutrient concentration is so low.
I have not tried it yet, but I have heard good things about using the hydrolyzed fish as a food source for fungi.
The molasses is barely any, because I don’t want the tea to become bacteria dominant.
It’s my first attempt with this type of recipe, adding a variety of bacteria and fungus foods.
One concern I had about my ingredients is the high levels of sulfur overall. The TM-7 is a lot of humic and fulvic acid chelators with micronutrients including a lot of sulfur and trace metals. The recommended dosage on the package for container gardening and compost tea is (1/4-1/3 tsp) / gal. I used 1 tsp, about a gram of it. I think the fish hydrolysate and seaweed also has notable Sulfur and Zinc levels.