• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bei Pfeffer zuhause 2015

Hi all,

Here's a a glog where some people where asking for. I'm quite a busy man, so don't expect to many interesting updates. This year is mostly about (rare) wilds and some simple varieties. I put some plants inside for overwintering at the end of September. These are my trinidad moruga scorpion, my cheiro pfefferianus (cheiro roxa cross.. accidental, one of the best tasting varieties I have), my not fatalii jigsaw (seeds from Fatalii.. but turned out as something else.. this is my bonchi) and a bird's eye demon. And yes, that's a crappy variety but I have it for my vietnamese co-worker which would like to have it after the winter.

About myself, I'm a 26 year old guy currently living in the Netherlands. My hobbies are grilling/smoking (mostly pork), shooting and chilis offcourse. When I can spare the time I enjoy the outdoors, but my work kinda ruines this as I haven't had time to do anything large lately. I work as a materials coordinator for a US biotech company that specializes in NGS (research, diagnostics, whole genome sequencing etc) and as this company is growing rapidly, this has a direct opposite reaction on my spare time. 

I have some seasons of experience and it all started by eating some MRE chow (cheesespread with jalapeño to be exact). Back home I started growing the jalapeños as there was nothing else to buy in the stores here, except for som Rawits, cayennes and aji umba (sold as madame jeanette). That escalated quite quickly and I started all sorts of varieties, including superhots and some rarer baccatums. This year is the first year that I'm packing out with rare wilds, but the jalapeños still made it on my grow list every single year. I live in quite a wet, windy climate with few good days, so growing in my zone is a real challenge.

Some that I am growing (from the back of my head)

Cultivars:
Fidalga Roxa
Cheiro Roxa
Fatalii Jigsaw
Carolina Reaper
Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade F4 (AjiJoe)
Pimenta Lisa F3 (Meatfreak)
Vezena Piperka x Hungarian Black F3
Takanotsume / Taka no Tsume
Bird's Eye Demon
Cabai Chili Baum
Joe's Long Cayenne
Devil's Tongue White
Aji Amarillo
Naga Morich
Sigaretta di Bergamo

Wilds:
Cap 220 (baccatum)
Cap 213 (pubescens)
c. buforum
c. microcarpum
c. cardenasii
c. tovarii
c. rhomboideum
c. eximium
c. cilliatum
c. galapagoense
c. chacoense
c. Sp
c. Annuum v. Glabriusculum
c. Baccatum v. Umbicilatum
c. cardenasii? x c. pubescens (Rocopica Large)

The most have names but I don't know the PI, CAP and CGN codes from the back of my head, I also have some different varieties of some of the species. They are on the pictures in my glog though. The containers are colour coded:

Yellow = Baccatum, pubescens or wild
Red = Chinense
Blue = Annuum
Pink = Giveaway

These colour codings don't start until the last pics, as I will start of with a lot of pics from the beginning of october until present.

Overwintering trinidad moruga scorpion. Pruned and refreshed soil to prevent aphid outbreaks.

My not fatalii jigsaw bonchi

Left to right: not fatalii jigsaw, cheiro pfefferianus, edelweiß, trinidad moruga scorpion

Some of the early starts (sow date 08-Oct-2014) in the heated propagator

22-Oct-2014

04-Nov-2014

Pic of my setup (2x 55W neon above a 50w heated prop with thermostat). The kevlar helmet is for when zombies spawn amongst the seedlings.

My overwintering plants 04-Nov-2014

I will post more pics, but somehow it won't let me post more pics (started and got a message that there were to many pics.. then I cut it up in bits.. now it just does nothing when I click post to try and upload my glog in shards)..

Some of the plants 25-Nov-2014

The propagator needs to share the light with some of the larger plants..

Last year the last frost was early june, but usually you can put them outside around half May. A bit earlier if I can finish my greenhouse in time, then it would be end of April..

The whole house is built full with chilis. I don't mind, but Ms. Pfeffer does..

:welcome: Willkommen ins growlogosphere, Ted!

Everything looks just wunderbar!

The OW plants really are nice specimens.

Back