• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Being snowed in aint all bad

Well it does suck being snowed in, but it gave me time to clear out some spice jars to make way for my powder!
Been saving empty canisters all year but still needed more :) anyway, Got alot of my dried pods ground and put up.
Wish I coulda had similar canisters, but, Had to work with what I got handy :)

P1100182.jpg

I will give milder stuff to friends and family, But the supers are all mine :hell:
Kevin

That is a most impressive array of dried hot pepper powders Wayright.

Labeled and ready to go too...;)

dvg

Thank you Pepperlover and DVG, The camera didnt do justice to the way the colors popped! I am very proud of how well the colors came out this year, I dried them at like 90 degrees, sometimes it took a week or more to dry,, but the colors were great! and the seeds remain viable.
Kevin

Whoa... I don't even want to imagine just how many actual peppers went into all those, given how little space they take up in comparison when powdered... and that's a lot of powder. Nice collection.

Thanks Chris ,I'm glad it's finally done! My dehydrators are getting a well deserved break!

Ultra, It is amazing how small the volume of peppers get when ground,Thanks

Chillirat, My favorite new way to grind them is wonderful ,A blender bottom and a mason jar! it works so good! and none of the fumes of the coffee grinder.

Thanks Capitone, I was pleasantly surprised how good the Trinidad Perfume powder is, as I didnt really like them fresh.

WAY, WAY, WAAAY too many bottles to fit in the cupboard!

Please send PM for address to send extras to. :D

That's absolutely amazing Kevin, as everyone said I can't imagine the # of pods that went into all that. No lack of spice in your household for the winter. :eek:

What kind of dehydrators did you use to keep them at 90 degrees? I've never measured the temperature on mine, but I suspect it is much hotter than that - and not adjustable.

Thank you Pepperlover and DVG, The camera didnt do justice to the way the colors popped! I am very proud of how well the colors came out this year, I dried them at like 90 degrees, sometimes it took a week or more to dry,, but the colors were great! and the seeds remain viable.
Kevin

Almost looks like a general store for pepper powders :rofl:

I will take 2oz of Jonah, 2oz bhut, 1/2 oz of fatalii and a bag o tabasco :lol:

Good job man!!!

Midwest, My dehydrators are both Nesco, with extra trays ,10 each! one is a bottom motor and one is top. but they both have adjustable temp control.

Thanks for all the compliments guys, The drying and grinding gives me sumthin to do when I cant grow. So it feels kinda like I'm still in the garden! :)
Kevin

Thanks for all the compliments guys, The drying and grinding gives me sumthin to do when I cant grow. So it feels kinda like I'm still in the garden! :)

It's the worst thing to be at that time in the year where you can't do anything outside, can't be looking after your babies! Over here it's at that stage where I can get out and start preparing my soil, making everything perfect for planting out, the glimmer of hope is on the horizon :P

I guess I will have to shell out some $$ for ones with adjustable heat once I wear mine out. As many pods as I dried last year, it shouldn't take to long to wear them out.

Midwest, My dehydrators are both Nesco, with extra trays ,10 each! one is a bottom motor and one is top. but they both have adjustable temp control.

Kevin

Back