• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Bell Peppers

Well then I wont take it as being a big problem. I just thought he was kinda cool looking. So as for the plants, do these look like they could be a high yielding hybrid? That one plant that had the three flowers on it is just starting to set fruit on one of them the other two flowers should not be far behind if they do fruit.

I have a small bell plant and it has a ton of flowers and 1 big bell and that's about it. I think I should have pinched the buds for a few more weeks before allowing it to grow. The plant is about the same size around 8-10" tall, but I think it was too small to start focusin on fruit and can't really sustain enough energy to produce more than 1 pepper because it's size. Had I allowed it to grow bigger and bushier it might not be dropping the flowers and growing just the 1 fruit. The bell on the plant now is about 3" and is growing very fast.

Well I know I may not get what I ask for but man it would be cool to have these produce more than one pepper each. They look big enough to handle it I think.

Sorry for interrupting but I've never grown any bell peppers.

Is it uncommon that they have more than one berry/fruit per plant? I would think that they would have as many pods as any other annuum but I've been wrong before. (Once, about ten years ago.)

Now I am going to really show my noobness here...what other sweet types are there besides Bell? If there are to many to mention, what are the popular ones?

Geez,

If it wasn't almost dark here, and my plants are so close together that getting a good pic is as hard as finding a hen's tooth, I would show you mine.

I grow California Bell. Each plant averages 8-12 peppers. They do not get very tall - maybe 24" or so. I picked 3.75 pounds of them this evening from two plants and left a slew of peppers still on the plants.

bell.jpg

The are great to freeze - cut out the placenta, cut into large slices and freeze. Slice and dice this winter, add to chili, soup, hamburgers, stew - just about anything except maybe ice cream!

Mike

Mike

Well yesterday I decided to go take a peak at them and the one plant that had the three flowers on it has started to set fruit on all three now. So now we will just have to wait and see what happens from here. :D

Well I will be going to Jelly Stone tomorrow but im at the ol' ladies over the weekend and those three peppers are getting bigger. One of them is slightly bigger then the other two but all is looking good so far. Ill take some pics before we leave in the morning and post them up when I get the first chance so you all can see how they look.

Well I am back from my vacation and took a look at my bells and they seem to be moving along nicely. if you look at the pic above the bottom most pepper seems to be doing a bit better than the other two as far as growth progression goes. The other two (top most on the plant) have grown a little bit but the bottom one is a bit bigger. I will post a pic ASAP so you all can see.

Here is a pic of my bell plant that has the three fruits on it. The other ones are starting to fruit and I think they also may have multiple fruits on them. So far it looks like in most cases there might be only two at a time. Guess I will have to wait and see what happens.
Well here she is...
IMG_0129.jpg

Well it seems that the bell plant that had the three peppers growing from it is still doing well for the most part but it appears as though most/all energy is going into only one of them since it is now substantially larger then the other two. The other two are the same size as the last pic I posted of them. I do have updated pics that I will try to put up tonight of all the bell plants as all of them if I recall have multiple fruits. Thought I would at least write up a little update for now for you all.

Well here are the images I said I would post. So far they are all looking pretty descent. We don't have many plants but here is a pic of each one.

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

This is "the one with the three peppers". The only thing that has changed is the size of the bigger pepper.
IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

Back