• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

best brown superhots

having tasted not as many cap chin as some on here I have a question for some of the more experianced pepper lovers, the first habanero i tasted was as most the orange hab at the time it was hot but now i can appreciate its taste but it aint the best having tasted fatali,red hab, brown hab, and red hab,yellow 7 pod,
the yellow 7, and fatali, i grew my self the others i was given or got from the store, i would rate em as far as flavor goes,

brown hab' 1st place '' then yellow 7, fatali, red hab,then orange hab,

As far as groops go i havent tasted, any kind of scorpion, jolokia,or bonnet, but reading and seeing reviews
the bonets are similar to habs, i hear that most yellow chinsens are citrus like and i can say that the fatalis and yellow 7s are similar smelling and tasting
, now going off of that i want to go with a super hot brown

bunch of choices from seed sellers, brown 7s, douglah 7s, brown or choc bhuts, brown naga, wich isnt stable nether is the douglah or buht a lot of people geting red pods in the mix some sellers tell you u can get reds off there seeds, also brown scorps wich look like brown 7s,, now sorry for all that just leting yall know i have been lookin the info im lookin for is not wich is hotest,but flavor i love making yellow 7 pod sandwiches turkey+cheese, but the taste of them brown habs was amaizing i saved seeds not sure if they are pure i will find out, so here it is, do brown super hots, taste similar to brown habs, i hear brown bhuts are sweet tasting
but still taste like bhuts, so if they dont taste like brown habs wich one tastes the best of course they are all hot and from what i hear it is crazy to even eat a douglah or brown 7, cuz they are extreme,

:welcome: to THP and Greetings from the Metrolina in North Carolina !
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]"The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite"[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :flamethrower:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :onfire:[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Good morning neighbor ![/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]I agree ! All the 7 Pod/Pot family (Trinidads) are insanely hot ! [/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]I don't try to rank what is the hottest anymore, I have had as much difference between pods harvested from the same plant on different weeks as I have had among some varieties. One thing for sure this year; my 7Pod and ButchTs are way hotter than any of my Bhuts. [/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Flavor, aftertaste and where to use different chilis is a whole other activity! (And equally enjoyable as growing.) [/background]

Just my dos pesos.
Brown non supers have a taste different enough from the regular varieties to be noticable.
I can taste a bit of differnece between a choco bhut and a peach bhut.
Of the 7 pots, it's hard to tell the difference except from memory.
You prpbably won't munch a Douglah, Jonah, and yellow or white the same day to compare, but all have some "note" of flavor that sticks with you.

Hi, Those chocolate habs are terrific aren't they?

I've tried both chocolate Bhuts and 7's and neither had that same wonderful flavor as the habs. They both taste more like their red relatives to me than a brown hab.

thanks for the replys they are awsome so far, hello sanpatricio the THP is the place to be! keep em coming love to hear more it will help me plan grow list for next year! posibly add some chocolate to other peoples list,

having tasted not as many cap chin as some on here I have a question for some of the more experianced pepper lovers, the first habanero i tasted was as most the orange hab at the time it was hot but now i can appreciate its taste but it aint the best having tasted fatali,red hab, brown hab, and red hab,yellow 7 pod,
the yellow 7, and fatali, i grew my self the others i was given or got from the store, i would rate em as far as flavor goes,

brown hab' 1st place '' then yellow 7, fatali, red hab,then orange hab,

As far as groops go i havent tasted, any kind of scorpion, jolokia,or bonnet, but reading and seeing reviews
the bonets are similar to habs, i hear that most yellow chinsens are citrus like and i can say that the fatalis and yellow 7s are similar smelling and tasting
, now going off of that i want to go with a super hot brown

bunch of choices from seed sellers, brown 7s, douglah 7s, brown or choc bhuts, brown naga, wich isnt stable nether is the douglah or buht a lot of people geting red pods in the mix some sellers tell you u can get reds off there seeds, also brown scorps wich look like brown 7s,, now sorry for all that just leting yall know i have been lookin the info im lookin for is not wich is hotest,but flavor i love making yellow 7 pod sandwiches turkey+cheese, but the taste of them brown habs was amaizing i saved seeds not sure if they are pure i will find out, so here it is, do brown super hots, taste similar to brown habs, i hear brown bhuts are sweet tasting
but still taste like bhuts, so if they dont taste like brown habs wich one tastes the best of course they are all hot and from what i hear it is crazy to even eat a douglah or brown 7, cuz they are extreme,

So is the question which is the best tasting brown superhot?

sorry i dragged my question out i wanted to find out if the brown superhots tasted similar to brown habs and wich one tastes the best or the closest to the brown hab, so far i hear that they arent that similar and choc bhut is good fresh so thanks but any more info is appreciated im sure it will help me + others

I like choco habs, bhuts and douglahs.
Smoked, preferrably, and on or in different things.
Except for the habs.
Choco hab poppers straight up.

I wish I knew what they are but of my 6 or so browns for this year, these are my favorites followed by the Chocolate Bhuts.

post-7027-0-98244700-1346877980.jpg

A lot of people like choco habs... that might be a good one to try...
yea it sounds like the choc hab has a lot of love ! i know for shure i need to try more burgandy and brown/choc peppers mybe there is no true fav one we will see awsome responses you guys

thanks for all the coments they helped, i got some choc bhut seeds from pepperlover, will see how this brown superhot tastes

One pepper that I like is the brown or chocolate congo, it was one of my first habs that I grew and started me on my way to the super hots. At 60 my taste buds are pretty much shot from years of breathing in welding smoke and industrial pollutants, but I rather like the way the brown 7 pod over the douglah which reminds me of jet fuel flavor wise, the heat is just crazy and seem to just build and build, I even have a hard time breathing and my heart just pounds. I don't get that kind of heat from the brown 7 pod, it is very hot hotter than my brown congo, but is richer and a little smokey and has some citrus notes to it just before it explodes. Some of the more experienced people here might have better taste buds than mine and can give better description about the different flavors.

Back