• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

best growing light?

Hello,

What is the best light for flowering and getting chillies? I have a ghost pepper plant which has been moved indoors hence need to supplement it with artificial light. I am really not sure which is the best light for flowering? :?:

From what I have read, 2600K cfl should do the trick however I am a newbie and would like to hear other people’s opinions.

Would the 2600K light damage the plant?
Are fertilizers recommended? If so what kind?
Would I have to combine a 6000K cfl along with the 2600K cfl?
How many hours of light?

Thanks in advance

Depend if you want to keep it alive or make it grow.
I would advice alot more K if you want it to grow especially if you weant it to flower, like 18000 k as a starter.
I know it sounds dodgy but check out some Marijauna forums those guys no how to set up grow rooms on a shoe string butget.
just my thoughts, I don't condone such activity etc etc but they do build some cool and cheap setups.

I guess my newbieness has eroded a bit, so I will answer...
There is a SEARCH button on the top right of the screen(3rd from the right). There's VOLUMES and VOLUMES on lighting, nutrients, etc, etc. PLEASE feel free to ask questions after you do some reading though. I think you will find the folks here to be very generous with their knowledge. Good luck, and WELCOME!!!!

I use a 4 foot, two bulb flourescent fixture fitted with 1 cool white and 1 warm light bulb for my plants from seed to full grown plant. I have it on a timer 16 hours a day and it works awesome, nice big, dark leaves.

Yes there is a SEARCH at the top of the site. If you fail to find that or if it is not helpful you can also try this Both of them ar very useful tools. I do believe that asking such a question is a little like asking whats the best car available. But this does depend on what your doing and the space available. My setup is 2-4' dual bulb (thats 4 bulbs total) florescent I use for starting seedlings and am now using them to over winter. However if your looking to grow indoors all year round and have space you may want to look into a HPS or MH setup.

Back