• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Best Habanero to grow?

Hi guys,

need to fire up some HAB (forgot to start some....)

What is the best for taste?
For productivity?
for ease of grow?

Looking to have feedback to help me chosse what to grow!

thanks

ok guys... i have sampled my seeds...

here's what i Have...

i only choose 1 or 2 out of those...

Red hot paper lantern
Maya Red Hab
Habanero Dulce
red hab (from farmer market)
Orange Hab from Mexico (brough by a friend at work when was in a trip in mexico)
Neon Hab
Sm Peach Lantern Hab
Orange Hab (from grocery)

I like my Jamaican Red Habs best but from that list you posted the Orange Mexican Hab sounds interesting to me, I'd grow that one and see how it does.

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Orange Hab from Mexico (brough by a friend at work when was in a trip in mexico)[/background]

Orange and Peach. If the Mexican Orange Hab is anything like the Orange Habs I grew last season, you will get a TON of pods. The Small Peach Lantern I have not had, but it just sounds tasty! Happy Growing.

-Mark

I would go for the Orange type Hab's, last season I've grown a lot and those gave the best tasting pods in my opinion. Very prolific and great fruity aroma :)

Ok i have started 4 seeds of each... so if i have 3 or 4 plant of any of the below i will be happy :)
the best would be at least one of each :)
and in the same work i have added some more to the sporuting bed... Goat, naga morich king etc...

Thanks Guys! my Hab selection is :

Red hot paper lantern
Maya Red Hab
Orange Hab from Mexico (brough by a friend at work when was in a trip in mexico)

never heard of the "Harold's St. Barts" looks interesting...
maybe i will try to get some seeds and start them this year if i can or worst case next year

will check for more info on the forum :D

Do you consider Harold's St. Barts a Habanero? I jut started them because of the rave reviews.

From what I've read on the internet it's a Habanero also, grown it last season. It's indeed a tasty one.

Ok i have started 4 seeds of each... so if i have 3 or 4 plant of any of the below i will be happy :)
the best would be at least one of each :)
and in the same work i have added some more to the sporuting bed... Goat, naga morich king etc...

Thanks Guys! my Hab selection is :

Red hot paper lantern
Maya Red Hab

never heard of the "Harold's St. Barts" looks interesting...
maybe i will try to get some seeds and start them this year if i can or worst case next year

will check for more info on the forum :D

I got some seeds of it if you need some.

I believe the paper lantern habs are better for cooler climates. I tried to grow one last year, but as soon as summer set in, no more pods. Ive been growing peach habs for a couple years. Very tastey but mine arent quite as hot as other habs. Hope that helps a little.

Back