vendor Best place for vegetable seeds?

I'm wanting to start my own tomatoes next year, as well as zucchini, cucumbers, bell peppers, pepperoncini, and bush + pole beans. I get all of my hot peppers from pepperlover.com, so those are covered already.

Try to buy Heirloom Seeds only.

Type it into Google and you'll find tons of good sources, even some hippy kind of places that will give them to you for free or next to nothing.

Avoid commercial seeds. GMO is a plague on humanity.

the place I linked is one of the best places to find heirlooms and it's all they sell.  Do some research on them they're fantastic. The seeds I mentioned I have are heirloom as well.

GMO is evil

I'm not trying to stir the pot, nor am I trying to dissuade anyone from ordering from Baker Creek. But, you have to know the history of Jere and his history of not supporting American veterans. I've tried to find the posts he made but I'm getting  bit buzzed at the moment. The comments he made are out there.

The comments are not on this forum, he made the comments on his own forum and on T'ville.

Honestly I don't care what his beliefs are, as they are his opinion and every one has a right to have an opinion, or do/don't do things based upon those opinions.  Fact of the matter is that young man has one of, if not the best heirloom seed company there is.  So long as he continues with that, more power to him

I will find the comments Jere made and perhaps you, or others will have a change of heart of how you feel about Jere.

Browning said:
Honestly I don't care what his beliefs are, as they are his opinion and every one has a right to have an opinion, or do/don't do things based upon those opinions.  Fact of the matter is that young man has one of, if not the best heirloom seed company there is.  So long as he continues with that, more power to him
The comment that you don't care about his opinion pretty much says it all! Do some research. Or just buy from China.

neoguy said:
I will find the comments Jere made and perhaps you, or others will have a change of heart of how you feel about Jere.

The comment that you don't care about his opinion pretty much says it all! Do some research. Or just buy from China.
What do you mean says it all?  What I've said doesn't mean I share his same opinion, as stated by what I've read her that was said.  I am simply saying one has a right to his/her own opinion and who am I to judge them based off of that?  Just because I don't agree with some ones views doesn't mean I am going to avoid his business.  If the business is great and is doing what it's suppose to I'm happy.  I just want seeds, There are many people out there who don't see things as I do and share the same opinions and that's okay.  That's why they're called opinions. Not even sure why this was all even brought up?  OP asked where to get seeds, and whether you like the guy or not baker creek is a fantastic place to get them.

I had good success with Seeds of Change.
 I've ordered from Baker Creek and Superseeds and have found that both are good companies to deal with but a few years back I ordered a large amount from BC and had alot of germination issues.  I did an online search and found similar problems from other customers and they made it clear that BC would not refund.    

Last year I had an issue with some pepper seeds from Superseeds and they sent me 2 extra packs for free. They will get my business again. 

Find an online forum like the GardenWeb they have a seeds swappers forum, you can get alot of seed for the price of a few stamps.  I did this last winter and have more seeds than I know what to do with.

Hey Mods, I'm not trying to stir the pot, if what I post here is not allowed feel free to edit or delete as you see fit.

Again, I'm not here to tell you where to buy or not to buy and I try to respect everyone and their opinions. I'm only stating why I wouldn't buy from a particular source.

To call our soldiers[SIZE=10pt] a bunch of restless youths to be sent on dangerous "field trips" is disrespectful to all current and former members of the military that gives us our freedoms.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE] [SIZE=8.5pt]November 23rd, 2010, 04:05 PM[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]JereGettlehttp://idigmygarden.com/forums/member.php?u=2http://idigmygarden.com/forums/member.php?u=2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8.5pt]Administratorstratoror[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8.5pt] 
http://idigmygarden.com/forums/member.php?u=2
http://idigmygarden.com/forums/member.php?u=2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Join Date: Apr 2005[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8.5pt]Location: Mansfield, Missouri[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8.5pt]USDA Zone: 6a[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8.5pt]Posts: 837[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt] Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank make a case for cuts in the defense budget[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Quote:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Originally Posted by no charge http://idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?p=661273#post661273http://idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?p=661273#post661273[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Ya, Ol Saddam was the envy of the world right, no prob with the Taliban either, what a great bunch of humans, Iran only wants nuclear power and of course those North Koreans only want peace on earth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I guess I am too conservative.... to pay for a bunch of restless youths to be sent on dangerous "field trips" to look for "monsters to destroy" especially when they run our country into hundreds of billions of dollars in debt, just in case Saddam might have a naughty weapon, like may be some old Agent Orange that Monsanto had left over.

He was so dangerous, I mean every Muslim leader that let's Christian's worship freely must be hiding something? Right? I mean he even tried to defend his country, that just can't be tolerated, did not he know that the Grand Dubya had spoken?

-Billions Charged
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]__________________[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]www.gettle.org[/SIZE]

Vendor vault is to review products and/or services rendered by specific vendors. It is not for judging their personal options. I'm not saying you are wrong in your feelings, but this is not the place for it. Please stay on topic.

I remember that post neoguy.  I did not like that comment of Jere's and replied to it.  I do still order seed from rareseeds, although I do not agree with
his political views.

I don't think anyone mentioned Southern Exposure Seed Exchange and Seed Savers Exchange.

Back