Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Caribbean Red

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Red Savina/Savina Red

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (please explain below)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Caribbean Red Habaneros have a pile of true Habanero flavour, the burn is twice as hot and much more violent than the regular Orange Habanero, they're prolific and tough, and have a nice low height to the bush. Seed content is medium to low, and the placental material runs from top to bottom. 

CMJ said:
Only reason I was interested in trying the pepper was because the description in the review posted above didnt sound like any hab I have ever tried, hence my interest in trying it. Thanks for your sarcastic response, it was very helpful.

I know what you are talking about. I don't like that 'hab' flavor in raw pods and I liked this one. It looks really cool, tastes good and is really low on the 'hab flavor'. Everything with that strong hab taste/smell I just smoke and powder. Even the awful tasting peppers can be made tasty with a bit of pecan wood and a dehydrator.
Seriously, if you are looking for some decent hab type that don't taste nasty there is always the Roxa family (CGN 21500, Cherio Roxa and Fidalgo Roxa).
Again, a video from Nigel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEZVEHXD1jQ

Reactions: CMJ
Back