• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil Best way to stretch my expensive soil...

I have 4 bags of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and after all my seedlings sprouted I realized I need more...
and I have heard FFOF is pretty rich with fertilizers.

So I did a little research what do you think?

Maybe
Promix with about 10% EWC mixed and that at a ratio of 1:2 or 1:3 with my FFOF.and perlite.

coco coir is good for soil structure, it has 0 nutrients on its own, but that's the ocean forest's job so you would be good using it, mix with perlite if you got it, good to go.

17 gallons(2.2 cuft) for 15 dollars is about a third the price of ocean forest?
amazon linky

Yeah, they will be going into this when they are about maybe 5" tall or when they grow out of their 4" pots... But even then I've heard FFOF can be a little hot and i've also heard pepper don't need a whole lot of nutrients compared to some of the other veggies and herbs you could be growing in it.

Originally I was just gonna go 3:1 ; FFOF:(Perlite/Vermiculite Mix)
But now Im doing that plus ProMix BX/EWC sounds like!
Unless there are any nay sayers?

Besides right now I didn't add enough Biotone starter to my soiless mix for seedlings so im adding Fox Farm Grow Big.. its 6-4-4... but I really wanted fish emulsion but for some reason theirs was 2-4-3 or something... I was under the impression it was suppose to be 5-1-1... but anyway I got the grow big for more nitrogen. I will probably go to maybe a kelp solution for fruiting once my FFOF runs out of nutes...
Any suggestions on what nutes to run after my FFOF has run out of fertilizer and they start to fruit?

Back